Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Radio problem, interference, or what?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Radio problem, interference, or what?

Old 09-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Mcast27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dcup from fromeco cleared all my problems. I don't have any glitches at all. All surfaces moving and no ignition problem. I was stoked to say the least. 35 bucks and all is saved. Check it out if are still having issues
Old 09-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure what that is.

And, being at work, I'm not going to do a search on: "d cup". ;-)
Old 09-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Mcast27

Haha http://www.fromeco.org/Products/05FRCDCUPM2/
Old 09-12-2014, 01:40 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the OP. If you really think its a voltage drop issue or glitch issue due to noise. Before you drop $35.00 plus on that flilter device, just spend a few dollars and make up a capacitor and plug it into a spare channel of the receiver and see if it makes things better.
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...-buster-for-1/
Old 09-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Mcast27

35 bucks seems like pretty cheap insurance to me considering how much money we put into these things I would much rather trust somebody else who knows a lot about electronics then me trying to half assed build one. 35 bucks though got my plane issues solved and it flew yesterday and it flew really well.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:17 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he spends $3.00 on a cap and it solves his issue then if he can go ahead and spend $40.00 on that thing if he wants to. If he buys the fancy unit and it doesn't solve his issue then he wasted the money. The 2.4 system I use all come with a receiver filtering cap and on some installs with high current servos I plug it in.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:22 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Personally I view gadgets like that as a band aid. If the system you have is not supplying enough current to avoid possible brown outs then you need to upgrade your power system. Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume this airplane is new? If so the battery/batteries are only going to loose capacity with age to the point where your little gadget will not be able to compensate. I would have spent the 35.00 on upgrading battery, switch and whatever else is preventing good current flow to the RX.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Forget the capacitor idea, unless you put in a very large one (several hundred microfarads) you will not get much if any help. You would not be able to accomodate the weight of a sufficiently large capacitor to prevent the voltage drop.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:16 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Actually, it doesn't take much. A 1600 mfd capacity weighs very little, and it's enough to smooth out the current spikes that can cause a brownout. It won't compensate for a simply inadequate battery and switch, but it will stop the split second voltage drops. Think of it like your water heater. You may only use 20 gallons of hot water in a day, but when you are using it you use a lot at a time. It's much more than the heater can give you, so you need a tank. The issue with some planes is that little current spikes can cause a very quick over draw and resultant voltage drop, enough to cause a Spektrum receiver to reset. A small capacitor will handle those split second demands with no negative side effects.