Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Trouble tickets

Old 09-23-2014, 07:36 AM
handy_bob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Trouble tickets

What is the normal time for "get to you shortly"? I submitted two trouble tickets #29067 and #29068 on the 17th of this month and have not gotten a response yet.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:35 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This not a forum that I moderate but I will help if I can.

I have had a look at the 'ticket queue' for the date you mention and can see no tickets in your name. Also the numbers don't match anything in the ticket queue.

Any more information that you can give will help me track down your tickets.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:53 AM
da Rock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you were reporting a problem through the Contact Us sub-function, predicting administration response time is a flip of the coin.

You probably were not opening a Report Post ticket, were you? They are known to mods internally as tickets, but don't have numbers associated with them.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:50 PM
handy_bob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have emails from support@rcuniverse.com stating that my reports have been received. That's where I got the wording of "someone will respond shortly". Can you look up the ticket numbers to see what, if anything, I did wrong generating the reports?
Old 09-24-2014, 02:36 AM
da Rock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by handy_bob View Post
I have emails from support@rcuniverse.com stating that my reports have been received. That's where I got the wording of "someone will respond shortly". Can you look up the ticket numbers to see what, if anything, I did wrong generating the reports?
How did you "generate your reports"? What functionality did you use?
Old 09-24-2014, 04:13 AM
handy_bob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I used "Contact Us" . Hoe can support@rcuniverse.com generate trouble numbers and they cannot be found?
Old 09-24-2014, 04:59 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeahhhhh........
I'm thinking you won't get an answer in Q&A, only helpful non-staff people look at this forum.

You might want to post the question in that Support@rcuniverse.com forum, but I wouldn't expect staff to be any quicker responding than they were with that "Report Problems Here" forum.

Sorry,
Dave Olson
Old 09-24-2014, 05:27 AM
da Rock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by handy_bob View Post
I used "Contact Us" . Hoe can support@rcuniverse.com generate trouble numbers and they cannot be found?
bob, you have sent an email to the company that recently bought RCU and converted the forums to their software. The people who get those emails are not the volunteer moderators who work the forums like j.dunker and I. The people most closely associated with the forums don't see those emails, nor do we have any access to them or their numbering. When you come here and post, you really aren't in contact with those email "responders" unless they also choose to come here. There is a division of labor where problems with the website are handled by those people while problems with posts in the forums are handled by moderators.

The numbered responses to your emails came from a system that is administered by and isolated to people responsible for the hardware and software above these forums. To get help with their help system, you'll need to use their system. We don't have access to their system and our system for handling forum rules violations is not connected to theirs. Sorry, but it looks like you'll need to send them an email. Referring to your trouble numbers should be part of your communications.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:31 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If it is a post from another member you are unhappy about it would be better to use the report option, click on the small triangle bottom left to start the process.