Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

aileron problems

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

aileron problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 02:03 PM
opol
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aileron problems

hi guys -I need help. first I have built and flew many models. my mind at present is not working. / problem/ my ailerons are acting like flaps/ this is a scratch built 1/4 scale taylor craft, ama plans. I put the wire in #1 socket in rx. hooked the other 2 to theaileron wires. the ails move in unison. up down up down. I put in another

'
Old 09-26-2014, 03:02 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most likely, you have output arms on the 2 aileron servos both facing left or right, rather than having them on opposite sides (that is, both facing outboard or inboard). In any case, if your transmitter and receiver have 6 or more channels, you're better off ditching the Y harness and plugging the right aileron into channel 1 and the left aileron into channel 6 and setting up the programming to operate the 2 channels as ailerons.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:06 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other than having an electrically reversed servo you probably have the servos installed as described in the above post. Look at the bottom of the wing and if the servo arms are both facing the left or right wing tip you will need to flip one in the pocket so its arm faces opposite the other.
If you can't flip one then as mentioned, connect one to RX channel 1 and the other to channel 5,6,7,etc..(any open channel) and program an aileron mix.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:06 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could use one of these http://www.radicalrc.com/category/Se...g-Circuits-156 Scroll down a bit.

Run two servos off one channel with one reversed. Includes a pot to set neutral.

But you only need this if you have a basic non computer TX. What kind / model TX do you have.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:43 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Check your Tx as it is quite possible that you have the function for using dual aileron servos turned off.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:06 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Is this your first plane, Opol? If so, the work you've done probably isn't going to last long since this is not a beginner's model.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:38 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One other possibility. You say you have built and flown many models. If so are you using servos from old models and have two different brand servos in the wings? If so, some servo brands rotate in opposite directions with the same input.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:35 PM
opol

hi again first

hi again first thanks for the help. I looked at the positions of the servos and they where facing the right way. I flipped one of the servos , lead end to front of wing instead of trailing edge. same prob. know iam really puzzeled. I kept thinking what am I missing. then I looked closely at the servos. if you remember in my first post I said the servos where new. the one servo was wired with fut type wire and the other was hitech. (white red black/tan red brown) I put another with tan red brown. problem solved. one of you fellows suggested a servo that was wired different at the factory and it looks like he was right. I am sorry about the split post . sometimes my fingers don't go where they should.I would like to say that building 1/4 and 1/3 scale is no problem for me. these servo were used to check the system they will be replaced. a pict of my 1/3 scale pup is listed in the b.u. s. a. brotherhood. once again thank you to all who responded so promptly. opol
Old 10-01-2014, 01:50 AM
opol

thank you for the info. I had thought about this but was not sure if it would work. (I did not want to ruin any electrical components) opol p.s. my trx is a fut 6 ch sky sport