Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for a 'disposable' RTF?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Recommendations for a 'disposable' RTF?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations for a 'disposable' RTF?

Any suggestions for a cheap RTF electric plane that I can get a hold of within 7-10 days? I don't want to use my radio/receiver as there is a good chance I won't get it back. I don't think I really care what plane it is, it just has to be big enough to fly outside - maybe 24-30" or bigger?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 10-05-2014, 05:32 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCKWL&P=ML

Not sure what your definition of cheap is but this is a superb flying airplane outdoors and with a skilled pilot handle most winds that anyone would fly in and its complete in this package. You not have to use any of your radio equipment. Sounds like you are going to fly paint ball shoot.

I flew one of those with a Senior Cadet two years ago but I did have to rebuild the ship afterword

John
Old 10-30-2014, 09:04 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just about anything Hobby KIng
Old 11-08-2014, 12:59 PM
FlyDon9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raptureboy
Just about anything Hobby KIng
Another fan I see,

While I do not think of HK as a merchant I would want to deal with too often, I am quite aware of their terrible level of customer service. I think they are trying to get better, but having their "on line" chat reps available to discuss problems is a waste of time. Other than being able to keep a transcript outlining your problem and HK's failed attempts at fixing the problem, they are useless.

However, I am sad to say that most of their Durafly planes are excellent flyers. I do have a small collection of their Durafly planes, it would be bigger, but I will only buy the plane when I can also buy most of those spare parts that novice flyers regularily damage and oten need to replace.

I want a spare cowls, spare props, spare landing gear, spare elevator, motor shafts and motor mounts. If I can not obtain the spare parts at the time I buy the plane I will not buy the plane without the spare parts. HK is a real hit and miss on spare parts availability

Thankfully, FMS has come up with a new line of planes in the 980 mm series that will be more than enough for me to drop dealing with HK, even though the Durafly planes, those made by FMS mainly by coincidence..
Old 11-08-2014, 01:07 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything in this hobby is disposable, just a matter of how much disposable one has!
Old 11-10-2014, 11:57 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never seen an ARF that isn't disposable.....sadly that happens too often