Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Pull-pull setup

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Pull-pull setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 04:03 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lone Star Charles, your comments are very good and correct. Some people just have a hard time believing scientific facts. One of the biggest errors often stated on pull-pull is that the length of the control horn attachments from the hinge line must be the same as the distance from the servo pivot to the attach points of the line. Not so, the control horn lengths can be quite different, no limit on how long but there is on how short they can be. I've been using pull-pull for years and find it preferable to the usual push rods in most cases.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:22 AM
Lone Star Charles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ARUP
Your last 'computer' drawing WILL work. Just build a real (tangible, not computer cartoons) model and test it! I'm sorry you can't comprehend this for it IS very simple. Giving rude comments aren't going to help and this is my last post.
As I said earlier, "Repeating incorrect information over and over again does not make it any more correct. Neither does name nor title dropping add any veracity to your statements." I guess we can now add that yelling does nothing to further your cause either.

At this point, I can only ask, once again, that you test your own theories, prove your own points, and then post the results here. Otherwise, I'll reckon that really was your last post.

It truly does not need to be your last post. All most of us would ask is that you post factual and accurate statements. A lot of folks use these forums to gain insight into a particularly enjoyable hobby. Posting untrue statements will only frustrate those who seek help and understanding.

Thanks
Charles
Old 01-16-2015, 07:30 AM
Lone Star Charles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rodney
Lone Star Charles, your comments are very good and correct. Some people just have a hard time believing scientific facts. One of the biggest errors often stated on pull-pull is that the length of the control horn attachments from the hinge line must be the same as the distance from the servo pivot to the attach points of the line. Not so, the control horn lengths can be quite different, no limit on how long but there is on how short they can be. I've been using pull-pull for years and find it preferable to the usual push rods in most cases.
Thanks for your support, Rodney. Your posts on technical matters always seem to be 'spot on'.

Thanks again,
Charles
Old 02-05-2015, 09:34 AM
Roo Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Imperial RC Club is the big club in the area, they help host Top Gun, Florida Jets etc.

There's a lot of events within a 2 hour drive between Tampa, Orlando, Melbourne, Jacksonville, Ocala etc
BarracudaHockey,

Thanks for the info but I believe I will join the Mid Florida RC Club that flies closer to the new home we just purchased At Cypress Lakes retirement community. I have heard they were having some problems but talked to the President and all seems well. They have a nice field on property owned by the Fantasy of Flight museum just off I-4 near Winter Haven. Their web site address is attached if you are interested.

http://www.mfrcc.us/

Won't be able to do any work on my planes until we get settled in our new place. Also have to sell our house here in Jackson, TN.

Thanks to all for your help.

Gary