Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

sullivan battery box

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

sullivan battery box

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 09:26 AM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sullivan battery box

Im interested in buying one of those new Sullivan cordless battery boxes,,,,,Im just curious about what type and size battery(NIMH) to put into this unit....Has anyone have one of these yet. Its fairly new on the market. I just want to be sure that I get a battery that will fit properly inside the box.

Thanks in advance TAZZZZ
Old 05-14-2015, 01:29 PM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The type of battery is up to you. Get whatever type you can easily charge. Voltage and size is what matters. 12 volts for the starter then the panel step down to 1.5 volts for the glow plug.
I used to use a rechargeable glow stick and a car jump starter for the starter. The 12 volt sealed batteries I used were only good for about a year
Old 05-14-2015, 05:07 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jetmech05
The type of battery is up to you. Get whatever type you can easily charge. Voltage and size is what matters. 12 volts for the starter then the panel step down to 1.5 volts for the glow plug.
I used to use a rechargeable glow stick and a car jump starter for the starter. The 12 volt sealed batteries I used were only good for about a year
I used to do what Jet is describing but went to the simple button a few years back. I haven't seen the new Sullivan item your asking about but simple is better. I just use a Harbor Freight 18 volt battery attached to my starter, no long wires to worry about, a glow stick for the glow plugs and a hand crank fuel pump. Less is better.