Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Ok models p51

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 09:20 AM
mashp39
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ok models p51

Can anyone give me info on this ARF? It says OK Model Co.on the tail but it is so out of date I cannot get any info from the net. If you have owned or seen this plane flown please let me know.The CG is what I need to know the most. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Connies 005.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	2100646   Click image for larger version

Name:	Connies 007.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	2100647  
Old 06-06-2015, 03:19 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I'd us an online CG calculator for the CG http://www.scaleaero.com/CG_Calculator.htm

They sold them in the US in the mid 90's to early 2k's, It more known as an "EZ ARF"

There is a long thread in the "arf" section "EZ" arfs http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-...rf-models.html

Company is actually still in business, they just don't have a US distributor
http://www.okmodel.co.jp/direct/

they're good flyers,,, good luck

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 06-06-2015 at 03:23 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:00 PM
mashp39
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply!I have a CG I would use but was checking for more info.It's good when someone helps out. Thanks. It's also good to hear its a good flyer. I bought it from a hobby shop on a whim but with no info so I was wondering .
Old 06-13-2015, 07:47 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah.. keep looking, as someone out there has to have the info you're looking for. Especially in the suggested forums scaleonly4me threw up there.. thats a great tip...

These were the cream of the crop in ARF's back in the early 90's... The biggest prob these had was the skin/shell wasn't extremely durable.. although the EZ's were a bit better then other foam-skinned ARF's.... as well as the graphics were over the top better then other offerings at that time. This plane with a .91 4-stroke is a fire-breather...

That's a good find there.. Have fun.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:06 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Another thought, and you may have already checked... Is there any symbol(s) printed within the skin of the plane that might designate a CG location?.. Some of the more advanced ARF's actually had the CG symbol embedded in the print/graphics... Good luck.