Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Thunder Tiger Expo 3D - help me!

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Thunder Tiger Expo 3D - help me!

Old 06-13-2015, 10:42 AM
Nikofant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thunder Tiger Expo 3D - help me!

Hello, everyone!
I am a beginner at flying, and have never flown an RC plane before. I have flown an AR.Drone from Parrot, though, but that is something else.
I'd like some help. Since I am a beginner, I don't know what to do here.
I have an old box with an RC plane called Expo 3D by Thunder Tiger. It's not assembled, as I have no idea what to do. This is what I have:
Transmitter: ST Model Aviator 4 T4F (35MHz Channel 61)
Receiver: Hitec HFS-05MS (35MHz)
ESC: Robbe Air Control 819
Battery: FlightPower EVO 20 800mAh 2s1p 7.4 LiPo 20C
Servos (I have 3 of them): Hitec HS-55 Feather

Will it all work together? How can I get it to work together? What tools will I need? Where can I find a compatible charger for the battery? How do I bind the transmitter and receiver?
I hope someone is willing to help!
Thanks!
Nikolai
Old 06-14-2015, 01:43 AM
Nikofant

Seriously no one who can/will help?
Old 06-14-2015, 12:22 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Is this your receiver?

http://hitecrcd.com/products/aircraf...-shift/product

John
Old 06-14-2015, 01:30 PM
Nikofant

Originally Posted by JohnBuckner
It sure looks like it. Mine says HFS-05MS, and Auto Gain Control instead of Auto Shift.
I don't know if it's the same, but it is the only model that looks like the one I have on their website, so I do think it is that one.

Nikolai
Old 06-15-2015, 08:33 AM
Nikofant

Update: I have found a charger that may work with my battery. I have it home.
It's just that I need the right wires to connect it to my battery. See the link: http://imgur.com/a/YdpMv (You will see what plugs I have on my battery and the charger cables.)
Old 06-16-2015, 02:10 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

It sounds like you have a pretty old plane there. If the battery is more than a couple of years old, it won't be any good. Sometimes they go bad even sooner than that, but usually can be expected to last a year or two in storage.

That's also not a beginner's plane. It is designed to be neutral handling and very responsive, so there is a learning curve to being able to fly it. Get yourself a trainer and graduate to the 3D/sport plane later.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:53 PM
Nikofant

Originally Posted by jester_s1
It sounds like you have a pretty old plane there. If the battery is more than a couple of years old, it won't be any good. Sometimes they go bad even sooner than that, but usually can be expected to last a year or two in storage.

That's also not a beginner's plane. It is designed to be neutral handling and very responsive, so there is a learning curve to being able to fly it. Get yourself a trainer and graduate to the 3D/sport plane later.
Thanks for your answer! Yeah, I reckoned that I should buy a more beginner friendly plane to start with.
I plan to buy the WLToys F949 plane soon, and put the Expo 3D on hold.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:49 AM
jester_s1

If your budget allows, I'm going to recommend getting something better than that. It doesn't have much range, and being so small it's going to be a calm day only airplane. If it's windy where you live you'll find that there aren't many days when you'll actually be able to enjoy that plane. I'd also worry about parts support. If Wltoys doesn't have a parts distributor in the US, you'll be waiting a month and paying high shipping charges to get parts from China. A much better choice would be the Hobby Zone Super Cub or Eflite Apprentice. If there is an RC club in your area, it should also be a simple proposition to contact an instructor to do the initial trim flight on your plane so you know it flies right.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:11 AM
Nikofant

Originally Posted by jester_s1
If your budget allows, I'm going to recommend getting something better than that. It doesn't have much range, and being so small it's going to be a calm day only airplane. If it's windy where you live you'll find that there aren't many days when you'll actually be able to enjoy that plane. I'd also worry about parts support. If Wltoys doesn't have a parts distributor in the US, you'll be waiting a month and paying high shipping charges to get parts from China. A much better choice would be the Hobby Zone Super Cub or Eflite Apprentice. If there is an RC club in your area, it should also be a simple proposition to contact an instructor to do the initial trim flight on your plane so you know it flies right.
I don't live in America, and the shop I buy it from has spare parts.
I'll be sure to remember that.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Nikofant

Also, I have access to a large indoor hall, around 200 meters from my home, so wind won't be a problem
yet.
I will be sure to contact my nearest RC club.
Thanks everyone!
Old 06-17-2015, 08:11 PM
jester_s1

That changes everything. You're lucky to have a good indoor flying site. The Eflite Ultra Micro series planes are lots of fun indoors. There is a group where I live that meets at a middle school gymnasium to fly. I have bought a few planes to take there. Once you're past the trainer stage, the UM T28 Trojan is an outstanding sport model.