Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

I need a new transmitter. Looking for opinions

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

I need a new transmitter. Looking for opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 09:07 AM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the Hitec Aurora 9, a great machine. I have never had a problem with it. I tried Spektrum and found the early stuff was not up to par. So it left a bad taste in my mouth. At the time Futaba did not have the 2.4, or at least it was terribly expensive. I got a good deal on the Aurora 9 and never looked back.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:08 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My choice would be Spektrum. I've been using a DX-5e for a few years now...admittedly, on an NTC3 and some RC tanks...and I've never had any problems whatsoever with it. I'm buying myself a DX-6i because I have several models(Two aircraft, two cars, two tanks, and possibly a couple helis) and I'm tired of having to rebind and retrim it every time I choose another. Also I want that sixth channel for my tanks, can use the two switches for smoke gen and main gun firing effects on them.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:29 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

The price of Taranis shows what a first class transmitter made in China should be.
It bugs me is that Futaba,JR,Airtronics,and Spektrum all have their transmitters made in China then stick you six prices.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:53 PM
4ptroll
My Feedback: (35)

+1 on the Taranus..... I sold my 18MZ and replaced it the Taranus. I got it through Alofrt hobbies as well.

I am flying ALL of my turbine jets on this radio and won't ever go back to Futaba or Hitec. I've lost airplanes on both of those systems.

Originally Posted by blvdbuzzard
If you do start looking for a new radio, check the Taranis. More features then you can count. It it is gaining a good following. It is the top radio for me. I am looking at replacing (2) RD6000, (2) RDS8000, (1) 9x.

http://alofthobbies.com/frsky-tarani...avel-case.html

Buzz
Old 10-01-2015, 06:45 PM
tmulligan

I have two Tactic TTX 650s, one Futaba 6EX, and a Spektrum Dx6. I have never had a problem with any of them. The Tactic transmitter/receiver combo is the least expensive. The Futaba feels the best in my hands. But, my favorite is the Spektrum Dx6 because it has a 250 model memory, plenty of characters to name my planes, and voice controls. And, I can get receivers and flight stabilizers at a good price from Lemon RC. I have never used a Taranis or Hitec, so I can't comment on them.

Tom