Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

removing 30 min epoxy

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

removing 30 min epoxy

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 01:59 PM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy removing 30 min epoxy

Whats the best way to remove epoxied in plastic hinges from control services. I jumped ahead one step, and need to remove the rudder hinges to start over again
thanks TAZZZZ.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:43 PM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Heat will soften the epoxy enough to pull the hinges out. I have used two covering irons on both sides of the surface, let the heat soak through and the hinges will be able to be removed.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:08 AM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The trouble will be when you reglue. The wood will already have glue soaked into it, you really should use new slots. So with that in mind cut the hinges and then cut new slots. Or better yet leave the hinges if possible and work around your issue

Last edited by jetmech05; 02-22-2016 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:26 AM
tazzzz

I think ill rehinge cause I have to get the rudder off to insert the tail wheel wire, its one of those sig kadet sport taildragger models, I jumped the gun,thought I would set the hinges. (I was bored) then read thru the instructions. I was going by my sig kadet senior nose wheel model. (I let the horses out first,,,then opened the door. (darn).

thanks guys TAZZZZ
Old 02-22-2016, 01:00 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Leave the rudder alone and install a different tail wheel assembly such as the Sullivan unit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	2148863  
Old 02-22-2016, 08:13 PM
tazzzz

Id like to install a Sullivan tailwheel but unfortunetly the bottom of the rudder is completely covered by the stabilizer. Does anyone have a way to install one? Its a Sig kadet senior. Has anyone done this on this particular model. Ive thought about but cant seem find a way to do it. Any pics would be highly appreciated.

Thx a bunch
TAZZZZ