Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

receiver placement?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

receiver placement?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 04:03 AM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow receiver placement?

I'm installing an AR7000 2.4. Is it ok to mount the main receiver close to the battery,,about 11/2 inches away,or will this cause some kind of interference. I can mount it a little higher,with the same distance. Just want to be sure,this is my first encounter with a 2.4. I have the remote mounted to the side of the fuse, 8inches away.
Thx guys--TAZZZZ
Old 03-19-2016, 10:54 AM
macdona
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have mounted them just about any way you can think of and never had a problem. even put the remote next to the servo.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:58 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like a receiver behind the battery in case of a crash, then it does not get smashed from the battery weight. Not that I ever crash.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:14 PM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thx,,,I think I'm going to mount the receiver a liitle higher than the battery,,,going to build a tray to raise it up.
thx for all the help TAZZZZ
Old 03-27-2016, 01:05 PM
ron ward

I think it's not quite as problematic as some of the manufacturers want you to believe. I think they say allot of what they do say, so that someone doesn't do something like, mount the receiver to the battery pack "piggy-back style" and then wonder why it doesn't work right.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Stick 40

I have a JR x9303 2.4 and have been using it for about 9 years.

first the rx should be away from all elect, engines, motors wiring. They are line of site and anything in the way will cut down on reception.

I like to have mine back away from the servos etc. if it has a second ant. I put the rx on one side of the fuse with the little ant's horz and the second one vert. you get a better signal.

mine like the 5 cell better, the higher voltage works better.

its a whole new thing and the learning curve is there.

I have never lost a plane due to radio problems. I can't say I have not lost a plane!

also the 2.4 RX units don't like heat, try and keep your planes in the shade if you can.

sticks