Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

battery and charger question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

battery and charger question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 05:12 AM
P51mustang81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery and charger question

I have a bob dively pitts that I am bringing out of storage and going to get flying and have a couple questions. I just installed a used GT-74 engine on it with cdi ignition and was planning on putting a Sullivan smoke pump on it. I am kind of new to the larger gas engines and bigger battery packs and different style batterys out there as I typically fly my P51 with an os 120 on it so just a simple 4.8v 600mah battery and charger to charge it up. So my question is what batteries should I run to run the servos, it came with a 4.8v 1800mah installed with a magneto ignition engine. Also what battery for the ignition, cdi 2 cylinder is installed, and what for the smoke pump. I was told about the tech-aero ultra-ibec which look neat but how big of battery would I need to run both the servos and ignition. And finally what charger/chargers would I need to charge all the batteries. Thanks for the help
Old 05-02-2016, 05:31 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would run a separate battery for the receiver and another for the ignition and smoke pump but that depends on a few things.. You need to check what voltage the servos can handle as some can't take more than 6 volts. You need to check how may volts the ignition box can handle as again, some can't take more than 4.8 volts. The smoke pump will handle up to 12 volts so that is not an issue.
Depending on your answers you may have to use Nixx packs at 4.8 volts or higher, or you could use LiFe packs or possibly LiPo packs. The charger will depend on what type of battery pack your servos and ignition can use.

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 05-02-2016 at 05:41 AM.