Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

eflite yak54 loose rudder servo

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

eflite yak54 loose rudder servo

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 08:45 AM
rcworld2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eflite yak54 loose rudder servo

I have e-flite yak54 loose rudder servo. the rudder mount in the foam fuselage has came loose some how. it is still screwed in but the whole servo and mount move inboard and outboard from the fuselage ? how can I fix this with out having to cut into it? I was thinking of pulling it forward and using some foamtac?
Old 05-13-2016, 05:56 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I suggest that you fix it properly. Remove the servo, and find out what is wrong.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:36 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When hard supports in foam work loose, there is usually a simple reason. The support wasn't large enough to dissipate the stress over enough foam. Replacing the foam is one solution, although it might not be a perfect one. With a lot of foam planes, the leverage the servo needs to move some surfaces isn't really much, but the foam area supporting that flying surface isn't enough to stand up when that surface is beaten around in the car driving to the flying field. The entire weight of the model is often amplified by the rudder's lever arm when the rudder is pushed around. And sometimes the foam density really isn't sufficient for the job it was picked to do.

We've got lots of scrap foam around that can be used to fill in those holes. In fact, some glues expand to fill. Foam drink cups and a razor blade provide perfect size inserts. And the mating surfaces help spread the stress over a lot more area of that too soft fuselage. But with all foam you wish to glue, test to insure the glue sticks.

Keeping the servo where it was when installed is easy to do and worth the very little effort it takes.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:40 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW, often the reason hard supports wallow out foam is because the toy factory worker didn't bother to use enough (or any) glue.

"toy factory worker" ?? They usually are as far more toys are manufactured than model airplanes. And far more beer coolers and such than toys.