Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Kraft wheels production rights?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Kraft wheels production rights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 10:16 AM
Lloyd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kraft wheels production rights?

In the 70s and 80s I built airplanes and fitted them with Kraft hidden axle wheels. I particularly liked the streamline versions.
These are near unobtanium these days, and I'm wondering why?
I know Kraft folded their business. But, why didn't anyone else get the production rights/molds to make and offer them for sale again?
I know as a builder I'm by far in a minority population. So, perhaps a viable business model to make the wheels precludes it. But, these were/are very good wheels.

Anyone know the back story for the market place's loss? Or, who now owns the rights/mold for the design? Anyone privy to the materials used in manufacture? (plastic and rubber formulas)

I'm toying with making replacement components for me, if not for others.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:38 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably Kraft Hayes had the molds. Someone on the classic pattern page has a line on new tanks; they might be in the mood to do something with the company. It would probably be as easy to make new molds. The guy who bought Williams Bro has had to do a lot of work to bring back the products. More than just buy the company stuff.