Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Center Sprung Throttle Stick on DX9

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Center Sprung Throttle Stick on DX9

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 07:28 PM
ansmit10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Sprung Throttle Stick on DX9

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to make both sticks on the DX9 fully center-sprung. I need to use this radio for both aircraft and other projects so I would like to know if it relatively easily to make this switch back and forth before spending a pretty penny on this radio..

Thanks
Old 11-16-2016, 12:05 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Why would you want to equip a radio that way? To do so means your going to be at half throttle as soon as you turn on the radio UNLESS you set up the ESC or throttle linkages to give something different. I see a safety issue in the making unless you are mechanically gifted enough to change the radio back and forth without damaging or losing parts
Old 11-16-2016, 06:28 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you know of any TX of any make that has all 4 axis center sprung?

Does anyone?
Old 11-16-2016, 06:54 AM
ansmit10

I would only be using the center sprung mode for robotics projects. I have a lifter motor that I need to be able to move both up and down. Center sprung would be no movement on the lifter.

Yes, several radios do come fully center sprung. To make the left stick on the DX6i fully center sprung all you have to do is make the retaining plate on the ratchet loose. I was wondering if the DX9 was similar, or if I need another spring kit. On the Spektrum website it states that DX9 comes with user-adjustable mode configurations (1, 2, 3 or 4).

This is how the DX6i become center sprung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy9PvqpWUnc
Old 11-16-2016, 06:12 PM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Ansmit10, The answer is yes. Read the manual for changing from Mode 2 to Mode 1. ( You may or may not want to make the programming change?) Both stick assemblies are identical, except the throttle stick has some "throttle stops" which you might want to remove completely. If you don't feel comfortable working inside your transmitter, Horizon service department can make the alterations. Good luck, and let us know how your project turns out. Greg
Old 11-16-2016, 06:41 PM
ansmit10

Greg Doe,

Thanks, don't know why I didn't think about looking at the actual manual before! Seems simple enough to do myself. This is the actual robotics project I will be using the transmitter for. It's a fighting robot (Similar to battlebots/robot wars)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	2190239