Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hysol 9462, never used it before, your thoughts? will my repair I did below work?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hysol 9462, never used it before, your thoughts? will my repair I did below work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 06:20 PM
mikeyost12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hysol 9462, never used it before, your thoughts? will my repair I did below work?

I recently purchased a Goldwing Suhkoi, it had been built a long long time ago, went to start the plane, the motor box face plate broke on one end. I used a dermal and cut it completely out as clean as I could. I then ordered the Hysol 9462 that everyone has told me is a very good adhesive, epoxied the face plate back in, added triangles on the inside at either top edge, and drilled 4 holes on each corner and added wood dowels for extra support. I know by no means does it look pretty but figured the cowl is going to be on and you wont see it. I sure hope this will do the trick and keep the motor box in one piece. This is my first time having to fix something like the motor box, so from what you see on the pictures, what is your feedback? Will this hold everything tight so I can finally fly the Suhkoi (which I hear is a very fun plane to fly)?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor Box 2.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	2202704   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor Box .JPG
Views:	34
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	2202705  
Old 02-25-2017, 10:33 AM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have never used Hysol before, but what you have shown it should be more than enough. What size engine are you using? Just make you balance the prop.

Fair Winds & Happy Flyin'
Rich
Old 02-25-2017, 11:06 AM
mikeyost12

I am using a Saito 180..... ill be honest, I have been flying now for 3 years, cant say I have ever balanced a prop which I know is really bad........ what exactly are you doing when you balance a prop? how do you go about doing it? if the prop is not balanced what would be a quick sign prior to flying the plane? thanks
Old 02-25-2017, 04:02 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Mike to your local Hobby Shop and ask for a prop balancer, you can spend a little or a lot. They all work about the same. When you find the heavy side of the blade, I use clear paint on the back side of the light blade. Do this lightly until the prop balances level and you are done. A clear sign of an out of balance prop is vibration with high throttle.

Rich

Last edited by jwrich; 02-25-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:45 PM
mikeyost12

thank you Rich