Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Storage charge for lipo batteries

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Storage charge for lipo batteries

Old 04-01-2017, 07:49 AM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Storage charge for lipo batteries

Is it ok to fully charge lipo batteries for storage. I have 2 venom 25c 5000 mah batteries. 7.4 v. I've heard it's best to charge to around 70% for storage,,,then I've heard it's ok to store them at 100%.. what is the safest way. This is the first time I've had batteries of thi scope.
Thankyou.. TAZZZZ
Old 04-01-2017, 04:56 PM
BelAirBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone is going to give a different opinion. I keep all of mine fully charged all the time. Most have lasted for years. I have some batteries that puff up after two months. In my humble opinion it seems to make no difference. If you have more than a few batteries it is too hard to manage storage charged batteries. Good luck
Old 04-04-2017, 09:00 AM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most chargers have a storage mode. Just use that IMO.

Ken
Old 04-05-2017, 11:12 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I store mine with what ever charge they have in after a day at the field. Some will tell you to get a excel spread sheet and serial number each battery so you can track its life cycle. Some will tell you to build a bomb shelter to store your batteries. Mine have sat on the shelf for years and years. I have gone through the ones I have not used in a long long time and do a storage charge on them. One battery sat for several years hidden under and behind junk. Plugged it into the charger and it was low, but charged to storage level in about 20 minutes.

Buzz.