Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Receivers

Old 04-01-2017, 01:10 PM
flyingfisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receivers

Hello everyone,
I have been trying to get my planes out to do some flying this weekend. I bought a couple new ones over the winter and am now trying to put receivers inside of them. I have bound my radio to both receivers and the light on the receiver is solid but none of the control inputs from the radio do anything. This is happening with both planes and I have tried multiple receivers in both. Is there something wrong with my radio?
Old 04-01-2017, 01:40 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

I see this is your first post on RCU. Welcome to the site. You will find hoards of folks here who are willing to share their information with you,

I guess the first thing we would need to know is what radio system you are using.

You write as if you have other planes that you have flown in the past, Does you radio operate the control surfaces on those planes? If so, then it is not your radio.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:46 PM
flyingfisher

I am using the Spektrum DX8. Yes I have a few other planes and the radio still works with them but I took a receiver out of an old plane to try in my new one and when I put it back in the old one now it has the problem to. I tried binding it again and it shows the solid light but the servos don't work.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:13 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a RCU forum specializing in RC equipment. If no one comes up with the answer here try this forum

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-r...vos-gyros-157/
Old 04-02-2017, 06:54 AM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not a Spectrum guy since I fly Futaba, but I think I may have your answer. I seem to recall with Spectrum, when you bind a receiver to a selected model on your transmitter, it will only answer when that model is selected. With Futaba, you can have many models bound to the transmitter, and if you turn all the planes on at the same time all the planes will answer to the transmitter. With Spectrum, if you turn on all the planes only the model selected will answer to the transmitter. This is done to keep the pilot from flying with the wrong model selected.

Scott
Old 04-02-2017, 07:59 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
So, did you perform the following?

* Select a new unused model when you bound the suspect receiver to the new plane?
* Made sure the servo wires are plugged in correctly (hey, it happens!)
* Made sure the battery in the plane is in good shape (hey, it happens too !)
* Go to the monitor screen for that model and make sure the sticks are indeed moving.

Not sure how old your DX8 is but if you are trying to bind to an AR6000 it won't work .

Also make sure the frame-rate is properly selected.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:47 AM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Here's a couple more thoughts to consider. Are you working on fuel, or electric power? Are you trying to bind with the plug in the charge port, or directly in the receiver.Some people have had problems trying to bind through the charge port. Do you have a working bind plug in the "batt/bind port. Step back a few feet. Sometimes you get problems if you are too close to the receiver. If all else fails, call a buddy with a Spectrum transmitter, and see if he can bind your stuff to his transmitter. Finally, I have one "off brand" receiver that take about 30 seconds to bind. Apparently it has to think about it. Good luck, and when you figure it out, let us know what's causing it.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:25 PM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Another item of note: My DX8 annunciates when it finishes binding. "Binding complete"
Old 04-02-2017, 05:10 PM
flyingfisher

Thanks everyone for your help! I don't even know how but today I tried again and everything worked fine in both planes.