Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

How to pair a hobbyzone champ to spectrum dx6?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

How to pair a hobbyzone champ to spectrum dx6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 02:33 PM
beamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to pair a hobbyzone champ to spectrum dx6?

I can not figure out for the life of me how to get this radio to work with this airplane. Rumor around the hobby shop I bought it from says they work together. The plane has no switches on it, and seems to be held together with scotch tape.

Another thing I totally thought I was buying a much bigger plane. Little bit disappointed when I opened the box. My FPV system weighs more then the entire airplane so I don't think I will be using that anytime soon.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:02 PM
beamin

It says bind complete and the plane flashes green? But no movement on the controls
Old 06-07-2017, 03:31 PM
beamin

It has to find the GPS to work. But apparently it doesnt avoid trees. Can you get a bunch of wings and props? Or is it trash now?
Old 06-08-2017, 07:54 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

In other words you decided to try to learn to fly without the aid of an instructor.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:05 AM
GSXR1000
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
In other words you decided to try to learn to fly without the aid of an instructor.
He's new to this site, which tells me along with the question he's asking the way it's worded tells me; he's pretty new and inexperienced to the hobby as a whole. He would need to know if the plane has a compatible DSMX, DSM2 rx to bind to his tx. Sounds like also he was trying to use the champ for a fpv platform till he saw how small it it.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:02 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since you bought the plane at a hobby shop, why not take it back to them and ask for help binding it to your tx?

Nothing wrong with teaching yourself to fly a Hobbyzone Champ, just need to get it bound to your tx.

If you want to go farther, such as FPV, you really would benefit from joining a club.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:37 AM
beamin

Originally Posted by rgburrill
I have been flying .40 glow fuel planes since I was a kid in the 1990's. Electrics and digital are new to me. I can't drive due to medical conditions so its not like I can just drive to the RC club, or drive to the hobby store in the next town over. This plane was really easy to fly. I found the beginner mode and intermediate modes harder to fly because when you try to avoid an obstacle the plane trys to right it self and get out of an intentional stall or roll.

Even when the plane is in "c" mode on the transmitter, it still seems I dont have full control of it. I stalled the plane out to avoid a tree and the motor turned back on and it flew into the top of the tree.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:02 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

https://www.horizonhobby.com/ Do a search there and you can get any parts you'd ever need for it... that or EBay... and you'd never need to leave your house.

The plane just might be flying fine.. but with these small planes it only takes a breath of air to throw them off course. Air currents you can't even feel will affect it.