Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

B25 props

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 07:31 AM
mashp39
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool B25 props

I just bought an older eRC B-25 as sold by Hobby Lobby.I need some props.Will the FMS props for their B-25 work? Will the FMS servos work? If FMS will not work,what will? The plane flys but seems to be underpowered. Any suggestions? Any comment from someone with experience with the eRC B-25 would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:22 AM
mashp39

I keep asking questions on this site and get no answers. Have all the old time rc fans gone away and only new time foam electric fans left? Maybe I should try another site. Thanks!
Old 06-10-2017, 12:18 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not familiar with that plane but knowing what engine / props you are using would at least give us an idea where to start. There are certain items that work well together to make a good package but we need a starting point we all know . By the way, you are close enough to Noell's ( sp ) hobby shop that you can probably get some good advice there . ENJOY !!! RED
Old 06-10-2017, 07:09 PM
mashp39

Thanks for the reply. I am guilty of buying old planes at swap meets and then trying to get info. I went to Noells and bought some FMS B-25 props and will try them soon. I have learned all mini servos are about the same size and I need some for the retracts and the gear doors. The plane flew well but seems to be underpowered. I am used to flying with about half throttle but this does best at full power.I have seen on the net write ups on this plane and I thought someone must of had one at some time but I guess they are all gone now.Happy landings.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:13 AM
mashp39

Great news! I found an old forum with a discussion of this plane when it first came out.It has about 300 pages. WOW.Modern man may have forgot many things but in the day those old guys were into discussion.It's funny that on the beginners forum here many people commented on a problem about starting a new engine but on a question about an old plane,Silence.Oh well.It,s the same on Ebay.You used to be able to find all sorts of parts but now it's all adds for new stuff by guys with scores in the thousands.Very much the issue with the hobby today.Foam and electric with build times in the hour range. Happy modeling!
Old 06-22-2017, 01:24 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I had one once upon a time and I agree that it is way underpowered. Also, the way the props are retained on the prop shaft is sub standard in my opinion. I had a prop nut back off on mine and it threw a blade and broke one of the cowls. That was enough for me. Sold it at a swap meet.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:52 PM
mashp39

Thanks for your input. I was hoping for someone to give first hand experience. Any other info would be good.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:40 AM
mashp39

Well don't worry about the B-25 anymore. Shortly after take off and a gentle turn back toward the field it made an abrupt turn that went into a spin and a grand crash.It had plenty of altitude and speed but would not come out so it went in.I believe it was a problem from another hard landing it had before but it is not a concern anymore. RIP!
Old 07-21-2017, 05:13 AM
mashp39

I have now bought a FMS B25. I have read they are much better than the other.What are the control throws?