Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Demon Cortex Glitching In G.P. .40 Sized Cap232 - Help!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Demon Cortex Glitching In G.P. .40 Sized Cap232 - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 05:37 PM
PatrickONB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Demon Cortex Glitching In G.P. .40 Sized Cap232 - Help!

Hello Folks,

I purchased a Demon Cortex last week to try in my G.P. .40 sized Cap 232. I followed the
instructions, got it all installed, and it seems to do what it's suppose to do until I start the
engine. I have an S.K. .50 in this airplane. The gyro seems to just jump all over the place
throughout the RPM range. I obviously cannot fly it like this.

I have the gyro mounted on it's own platform, just above the receiver, and used the thicker
of the two supplied mounting pads. It is mounted inverted, but I set it up for this using the
software programmer tool.

Can anyone suggest what I need to do to try and get this thing to stop glitching do to
engine noise/vibration? Do I need to add more foam padding under it to help dampen
the vibrations? Is there settings I need to change using the software tool?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would hate to have nothing more than a $300
fancy paper weight!

Thanks,
Patrick
Old 08-06-2017, 04:53 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Patrick I have three of the Demon Cortex standard model, not the Pro. Two are in turbine airplanes and one is used in a glow powered warbird. I think where you may have gone wrong is to mount the unit inverted. I think it imperitive that you mount exactly in the direction and orientation pictured on that little instruction card. In addition as close to the aerodynamic center of the airplane (this is near the CG) as possible.

I do not use the patch cord at all. Instead I just do the little stick dance decribed in that one little paragraph on that instruction card to allow the cortex to learn the airplane. Each move ot the stick dance a tiny little movement of the respective surface will glitch just once.

John

Old 08-06-2017, 08:42 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

It doesn't matter how you mount it as long as everything is moving the right way.

The instructions call for the thin pad and that is what I'd recommend.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:51 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Patrick do as you wish but I would suggest doing as the Ouick Start Guide illustrates upright and facing forward. I love them and they are sure not "paper weights".

John
Old 08-06-2017, 10:26 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

If you configure it in the software then the orientation doesn't matter.

Then do the teaching steps per the manual.