Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Prop

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 08:42 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
Wood props are not particularly good when it come to performance. Modified perhaps but the above props that I mentioned , Graupner G-Sonic, RAM and APC are much better.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:11 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it depends very much on the wood prop. Zingers and MA woodies had pretty thick trailing edges and I suspect were not very efficient. Rev-ups and old TFs were a different story! I still use some of those. Switching from a Zinger to a Rev-Up of the same size and pitch meant a noticeably shorter take off run, at least for small props. Zingers I always sand down and re-paint. I'm not sure how much it matters, but it makes me feel better

Jim
Old 10-15-2017, 07:26 AM
Mike360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kit built planes, 4 cycle engines the smell of nitro in the air and a wood prop...thats performance...IMO
Buzzard have you tried one of those made in china..Xoar props ?
P.S. I got some 12" x4 and 5 props the rpm came down to 10.4K from an 11.2K
My 4 cycle plane was at 11K also too much for that and the 12x5 got it right at 10K
Now got to get out and get them in the air to see what I did.

Last edited by Mike360; 10-15-2017 at 07:34 AM.