Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Esc? Goes into low voltage cut off when batteries fully charged

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Esc? Goes into low voltage cut off when batteries fully charged

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 10:07 AM
Blackstarr911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esc? Goes into low voltage cut off when batteries fully charged

The title says it all, I can fly the plane for 3~ minutes and then it goes into low power mode and then if left long enough it will cut out completely, i'm flying an aerostar 20A esc With two 2200mha 3cell lipos.
If I let the plane rest for a few minutes I can fly again for a while before the problem crops up again.
I have the same plane with the same configuration + Fpv gear that i fly with no problems at all.
Can anybody explain why this is happening, and how to stop it?

Last edited by Blackstarr911; 09-29-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:20 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is the ESC auto detecting that it is a lipo battery? What is the LVC set for? Same battery for both planes, one works, the other goes into LVC?

Buzz.

Last edited by blvdbuzzard; 10-05-2017 at 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-05-2017, 09:10 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Two questions:
1. Are you sure it's the LVC and not a thermal or over current cutoff?
2. What is your actual battery voltage under load? You can measure that with a multimeter wired parallel to the battery connector. If your batteries are old, they may just not be able to keep the voltage up enough.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:51 AM
douglas racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess would be you have a bad cell. I had this happen in the past and was puzzled by it and thought it was the ESC until I was shown a $10 cell checker by a club member. He hooked it up and all cells showed fine until I ran it up. As soon as I loaded it up one cell would drop off and trigger the low voltage cut off. Buy a cheap cell tester that hooks up to the balance plug and shows all the cells at the same time. (Some only show one cell at at time.) Lots on Ebay. Good investment.

Last edited by douglas racer; 10-11-2017 at 10:56 AM.