Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Aileron servo MYSTERY on E-FLITE APPRENTICE

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Aileron servo MYSTERY on E-FLITE APPRENTICE

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 07:15 PM
CharlieBwell1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron servo MYSTERY on E-FLITE APPRENTICE

Bought a used E-FLITE S 15E Apprentice and Spektrum DX5E radio. Preflight revealed both aileron servos travel together. Either Flaps or Air-Brakes but no turning. Right servo (from behind) appears to be the Gray Original servo, but the left one has been replaced with one that has white+red+black wires (Futaba?) Both are hooked up to a single channel with a "Y" harness. One servo is mounted on its Left-Side, the other mounted on its Right-Side. Looks like this should work causing ailerons to work normally. Are Futaba servos wired to run "Left Handed"? Anyway I cannot find replacement servos anywhere. Does anyone understand ***, or where I can buy servos for the Apprentice? HELP. . . .
Old 10-22-2017, 04:07 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Futaba servo probably operates in the opposite direction of the original servo. Not all servo brands operate in the same direction.

If you can't find another original equipment servo, purchase a duplicate of the Futaba, and replace the remaining OE servo.

Last edited by TomCrump; 10-22-2017 at 04:11 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:56 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or reposition servo arm 180 degrees and move the horn on the aileron.

Also you can buy a servo reverser for 6.99 $ Servo Reverser Y-Harness
Old 10-22-2017, 06:20 AM
CharlieBwell1

THANKX Tom, Thatz what I suspected but needed confirmation. I'm going to replace both since this thing is used. I don't want to lose a plane to a cheap servo.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:20 AM
jetmech05

Are both servos the same brand and model number? They need to be. Are the servos hooked up to a reversing Y? as far as mounting the servos need to face either both facing in or both facing out