Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

New flyer advice please

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

New flyer advice please

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 12:16 AM
Mortonl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New flyer advice please

Hi all, I’m pretty new to the hobby of Rc planes. Had drones in the past. Wanted some advice really, I bought a carbon cub 2 1.3. Wanted to update the battery from the 2200mah just for some longer flight times. Any recommendations? Also wanted to buy a new receiver that will replace my current rtf transmitter that came with the plane. Just wanted some advice on this as well as I’m very new not sure what brand to go for or which would be suitable to bind to my carbon cub. Thanks for any advice in advance!
Old 12-29-2020, 08:28 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Welcome to the hobby. Keep in mind that a larger battery is more weight. This not only leads to a higher wing loading but may affect the balance of the airplane and lead to making the airplane not fly correctly and more difficult as well. Only a Spektrum radio will bind with your receiver ( some off brands may ). To select the correct one I suggest you buy something you can grow into rather then grow out of. If it is within you budget I would suggest a DX7. If you anticipate getting into specialized type aircraft such as those that require more then 7 channels, specialized mixing etc then you may want to look into their more advanced setups.