Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

TRANSMITTER SHOULDER STRAPS

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

TRANSMITTER SHOULDER STRAPS

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 01:58 PM
iaclmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRANSMITTER SHOULDER STRAPS

Hi All ... I have just started looking into using shoulder straps to hold the transmitter as opposed to the conventional neck straps. Has anyong and any experience with these shoulder straps? Also where can one buy them? Thanks for your help!!
Old 02-21-2010, 02:55 PM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TRANSMITTER SHOULDER STRAPS

I assume you mean a transmitter tray. I use one and love it. It keeps the transmitter oriented in one position and I do not worry about dropping it. Here are some sources:

http://www.qualityrcproducts.com/pro...ittertray.html

http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=6467

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=732

http://www.rctraymanusa.com/

I use the first one. It is simple and I like the wrist rests.

Bruce
Old 02-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm a strap person myself, I often fly without one but it just feels funny to me. I tried out one of the guys trays and it felt pretty good. Needed a cup holder and ash try but I guess I could just add those on. You should try one then decide for yourself, anyone at the filed should be willing to loan you there tray for a test drive.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:39 PM
dignlivn

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

I'm a strap person myself, I often fly without one but it just feels funny to me. I tried out one of the guys trays and it felt pretty good. Needed a cup holder and ash try but I guess I could just add those on. You should try one then decide for yourself, anyone at the filed should be willing to loan you there tray for a test drive.

LOL

I just hold my Tx, but I like the
cup holder and ash tray idea

Bob
Old 02-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: dignlivn

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

LOL

I just hold my Tx, but I like the
cup holder and ash tray idea

Bob
You're only laughing because you think I'm joking!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:46 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

I know what you mean. I hate when my ashes fall in the gimbals.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 AM
dignlivn

Grey Beard,

I know your serious, I take a glass of tea
and a smoke to the flight table too.

Bob
Old 02-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Gray Beard

NO, I don't need the cup holder, unless I'm just teaching a new student, then an ice cold something would be nice to have on hand. Yes, I do once in a while drop ashes on my TX, don't you just hate it when the filter gets stuck to your lips!!!!![>:] Even a good healthy spit won't dislodge it!!! OK serious for a minute, my club in Calif. made up some of the best starting stands you ever want to see, really well thought out. They really did install cup holders!! The first day they had them at the field there were two coffee cups forgotten in the holders!! Truth!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Gray Beard

No kidding!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86592.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	1384611  
Old 02-22-2010, 02:22 PM
dignlivn

Our club needs one of those street signs.

Bob
Old 03-04-2010, 08:43 PM
iaclmac

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE
I have monitored the responses to my initial question. It is surprising that only one guy sought to be helpful ... while others felt the need to make comments that were both inappropriate as well as unwanted. Point of fact, was the request of finding these illusive shoulder straps. I looked back very carefully to see if I mentioned cup holders and ashtrays. I can see that I did not. Why is it people find the compelling need to steal the threads and post comments that have nothing to do with the question at hand?

Now for those of you reading this who were interested in the original topic, I did indeed find one company that seems to have a product which I am interested in. I am posting a link to that page so you all can benefit from my research

http://www.revoc.eu/straps-c-35.html...lpb0p004el21t4
Old 03-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Looks pretty cool. It would be nice to find some in the States. If I remember, I'll look. Looks like they have a few different styles. I'm in the market for something other than my skimpy neck strap and the high-dollar advertisement straps by companies whose equipment I don't even use.

About the other stuff, sorry it bothered you. Many of us find this as a fun way to get our fill and talk about RC while the weather keeps us indoors. It wouldn't surprise me to hear the conversation turn that way in the pits on a beautiful sunny day after we've been flying for a few hours.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 PM
iaclmac

Hey Joe...
I forgot to say that I did order the straps from those guys. Actually I ordered both sets... 1 for the transmitter and one for the tray. I don't have a tray right now ... however I have been thinking about one. At any rate, My order should be shipped by the first part of the week. I will post my thoughts on the straps when I get them
Old 03-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Thanks! Keep us posted, both on the 'fit and finish' as well as the service from over seas.

Good luck!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:38 PM
iaclmac

Ok Everyone .... you wanted to know my evaluation of the straps I bought ... well here it is!

I ordered 2 sets of shoulder straps from "Revoc" This is a Polish based company. Now before someone startes with a dumb Polish joke ... be advised, it is my opinion that they make an EXCELLENT PRODUCT!!

The first set of shoulder straps I ordered was for connection directly to the transmitter. These can be found at the following link: http://www.revoc.eu/crossover-strap-...tter-p-71.html
If you go to the site you will see that they are offered in a variety of colors and can be personalized with whatever logo you wish. The straps themselves are approximately 1.5" wide. They are made of heavy duty nylon and are double stiched. The adjustments are very easy to use and can be set up to fit just about anyone.

The second set of straps I ordered was for the transmitter tray. These can be found at the following link: http://www.revoc.eu/crossover-strap-...tray-p-72.html
Jusat as with the regular straps, they come in a variety of colors and can be personalized. These straps are made in much the same way using 1.5" nylon and double stiched.

Please keep in mind that I have just gotten these straps and I have played around with them only a little bit. However it is obvious to the most casual of observers that these straps are far superior to any neck strap I have used. Additionally they seem to be as good if not better than the binocular straps that someone posted to this thread.

Dealing with Mr. Bartek, who I believe is the manager of the company, was extremely friendly. He answered every email (usually within 1 day). The entire process from ordering to delivery took a little less that 2 weeks.

I am not sure if I can say enough good things about my experience with the Revoc Company. I certainly encourage anyone who is serious in acquiring shoulder straps as an alternative to the neck straps to buy either of these items.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:10 PM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield
.......It would be nice to find some in the States.
You can get crossover straps for a transmitter tray from a US dealer
http://www.qualityrcproducts.com/prod_harness.html
The revoc strap for transmitter without tray is the first I've seen.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Gray Beard

You can also google a search for RXTRAY and it will bring you to RCA models, they make several different designs. You can also make up your own, all the parts are at Lowe's. I added a couple of photos, one home made tray, if you don't like the normal strap that is offered with the RCA trays you can find the strap shown by this home builder, they too are found in the hardware store or you can do a google search for sholder straps. Google==A good thing!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74988.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	1402200   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78663.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	1402201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47773.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	1402202  
Old 03-23-2010, 03:41 PM
AB Bob
My Feedback: (20)

I've heard double slide guitar straps or marching band drum straps can also be adapted..
Bob
Old 04-17-2018, 05:35 PM
SymeKutz

Aloft hobbies carries the Revoc straps now.

can't post url cause I'm to noob! but goto aloft and search revoc they have both styles...
Old 05-12-2018, 06:35 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

A complaint was made to the moderator (me), and having reviewed this thread I think it's appropriate to remind everyone that civil discourse is required to remain a member in good standing on RCU. Specifically, the instruction given to every forum user to resist the urge to curse, flame, or degrade other users needs to be followed every single time you post. If what you plan to say doesn't meet that requirement, then don't post it here.