Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Need Cub plans

Old 11-27-2018, 08:08 AM
lvsloan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Cub plans

I acquired a Great Planes .20 size Piper J-3 Cub kit that already has the fuselage and tail feathers built but has no wing components or plans in the kit. Does anyone have or know where I can get a set of plans for this kit so I can scratch build a wing for it. I can’t find any by searching.
THANKS!
Old 11-27-2018, 12:24 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you don't even have the wing parts, Outerzone has several cub plans for free download. Pick one and scale it to the appropriate size for your .20 sized fuselage. You'll need to re-engineer the fuse-to-wing connection method to suit your fuselage but that should be pretty simple.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:39 PM
lvsloan1

Default Need cub plans

Thanks for the info RBACON but I have no idea how to scale printed plans down plus I can download them but they’re only printer paper size? That’s why I’m looking for the actual plans for that kit as I have scratch built from plans for years but never learned how to size up or down. LOL! Maybe someone will respond with a link where I can get the plans or I’ll just throw the fuselage in a corner and use the wood left in the kit as I need it for other projects. I appreciate your reply though!
Thanks and gave a great evening.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:44 AM
lvsloan1

Originally Posted by lvsloan1

I acquired a Great Planes .20 size Piper J-3 Cub kit that already has the fuselage and tail feathers built but has no wing components or plans in the kit. Does anyone have or know where I can get a set of plans for this kit so I can scratch build a wing for it. I can’t find any by searching.
THANKS!
I have found a gentleman that’s providing these plans to me but I can’t find out or see where to close or end this post? Thanks everyone who saw and replied to it.