Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Taurus kit price

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Taurus kit price

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Stick 40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taurus kit price

Hi,

I have a old stock, new in the box Taurus balsa wood kit 35-45 engine size from top Flight. A friend wants to buy it and is offering $100 for it.
I was just wondering if that was to much for it? I don't want to over charge him.
I went to the sales of kits and there was nothing there to help.

thanks for any advice.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:42 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

go to RC Groups and look at prices on the "fueled plane classified page", you will see a lot of prices there

Jim
Old 12-25-2018, 11:32 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

That kit would probably be worth over twice that $100 depending on the condition. It might considered a sought after classic in some areas. I can assure you at $100 you're not overcharging him... I'm suggesting quite the contrary actually. I have many kits in my collection, and I'd have a TF Taurus in there as well if I found one for $100.

EDIT: I got curious as I was writing.. so I Googled the plane. Here, have a look at this.... my figures were a little off....of course this one is probably pristine, but it's in the ball park for a good one..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Top...-/202474036094

Here's one more that sold a while back..,, more realistic price, and probably a good deal...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Pattern-Plane

Last edited by DGrant; 12-25-2018 at 11:35 PM.