Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Make and model of my new plane

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Make and model of my new plane

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 10:46 PM
Josiahpletcher1993

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Make and model of my new plane

Bought a used plane powered by zenoah g26 throwing a 16x8 prop.......it appears to be a 27%cap 232 but is older with mid wing not low....any ideas on what make and model it could be? Also any advice on tuning the g26 zenoah....or how am I to know my throws? Its already bound to my 9 ch futaba
Old 01-06-2019, 08:56 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Pictures are worth a thousand words. No one can help you from your description. The G26 is a great engine. If the engine has sat for a while, you may need to rebuild the carb. The pump baffle dries out. If it’s magneto, you will need a starter. It can be started by hand, but you need to know what you are doing. Initial needle valve settings is High is 1 1/4 turn, low end is 1 1/8. Choke until the pop, then should start. Adjust only an 1/8 or less of a turn at a time. Adjust high end first.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:50 PM
Josiahpletcher1993

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
Pictures are worth a thousand words. No one can help you from your description. The G26 is a great engine. If the engine has sat for a while, you may need to rebuild the carb. The pump baffle dries out. If it’s magneto, you will need a starter. It can be started by hand, but you need to know what you are doing. Initial needle valve settings is High is 1 1/4 turn, low end is 1 1/8. Choke until the pop, then should start. Adjust only an 1/8 or less of a turn at a time. Adjust high end first.
thanks alot for your help....I figured it out it is a laser 200 by seagull......I'm not sure I trust the throws in the manual...seem short...also anyone know the best way to set up throttle linkage on the zenoah g26? And where I can find a cowl and wheel pants for the laser 200?