Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Servo converter leads

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Servo converter leads

Old 01-16-2019, 08:06 PM
Bill Giulian
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Servo converter leads

Anyone know where I can buy Servo connectors that are converting a Futaba servo to a JR connector. That is a Futaba female to a JR male servo connector. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:21 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

No real need. The wire orientation is already correct. You simply need to file the tab off the one side and then bevel the two corners on the opposite side. If you want to do a bit more work, you can extract the pins from the Futaba connector and insert them into a JR connector.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:01 AM
Bill Giulian

Thanks for the information but I really want the converter plugs.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:33 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure I've seen the connectors you want somewhere. I just can't find them right now. I was able to find these links. I'm sure that if you call Batteries America, they will fabricate anything you want.

https://www.servocity.com/electronic...ds/servo-leads

Connectors, Extensions, Switches

Rafael
Old 01-18-2019, 07:03 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Also Electro-Dynamics will make any sort of servo lead you want. Just tell them what you need. Good people and great service. Fast shipping as well.

ElectroDynamics Inc
Old 01-19-2019, 09:01 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Why do you want to use converter plugs when it's so easy to take the extra Futaba tab off? You're talking about adding another possible failure point and spending addition money too. It only takes 10 seconds with an Xacto knife to mod the plug, and it will still work fine with Futaba receivers.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:00 AM
Bill Giulian

I know that, been doing it for years. However, in this case I am using over size plugs similar to but not the same as Futaba that when I try to pare them down cause me to cut into pins. Safer and easier solution is to use the converter leads I was looking for. Just two days ago I found a company which will make them for me. So I ordered them. Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:47 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would you mind sharing the name of the company, and perhaps sharing more information on the type of plugs? Now I'm curious.

Thanks
Rafael
Old 01-22-2019, 12:55 PM
Bill Giulian

Hey Rafael. The name of the company is Electro Dynamics Inc. Their website is Elecrodynam.com. They will custom make pretty much any wire hook-up you require. I wanted a Futaba female coming from a Futaba servo to have a JR type male on the other end. I realize If I was really dealing with a Futaba plug that I could shave the small extension to fit however, I was dealing with a generally oversize plug that I figured would fit a Futaba. Hopes this information helps you. Bill Giulian.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:59 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 341 Likes on 273 Posts

I wondered myself.

In other news, is Sylvios still making the best Cheese steaks in the area?
Old 01-24-2019, 05:12 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Giulian
Hey Rafael. The name of the company is Electro Dynamics Inc. Their website is Elecrodynam.com. They will custom make pretty much any wire hook-up you require. I wanted a Futaba female coming from a Futaba servo to have a JR type male on the other end. I realize If I was really dealing with a Futaba plug that I could shave the small extension to fit however, I was dealing with a generally oversize plug that I figured would fit a Futaba. Hopes this information helps you. Bill Giulian.
JR and Hitec connectors can be used, eliminating the need for any Futaba connector. These servo extensions can be purchased anywhere, without the added cost for having special extensions made.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:29 AM
Bill Giulian

Haven't you been reading my posts?
Old 01-24-2019, 09:47 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Giulian
Haven't you been reading my posts?
You are making this harder than it needs to be. Plug your Futaba servo into a universal connector, like Hitec, and then plug it into the RX.

Last edited by TomCrump; 01-24-2019 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:22 AM
Bill Giulian

I never owned an Hitec. How High Tech is it? Been building and flying 75 years and never heard of a universal connector. Jr will fit in Futaba but you must cut off the thinner part of Futaba plug so it can fit into JR. Never ran into anything else until now. Will buy a Hitec wire in my next order and look it over. Bill Giulian

Last edited by Bill Giulian; 01-24-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:35 AM
speedracerntrixie

Bill, Hitec and JR servo connectors are virtually identical. Only difference is the signal wire on Hitec is yellow, JR is orange. I still think your best solution would be to extract the pins from the Futaba connector and replace with a JR connector. Realistically these are all versions of a Berg connector and the M/F pins are interchangeable to the different connector housings. If you like I would be more then happy to publish pictures of the process.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:17 PM
Bill Giulian

I am familiar with what you are saying. However there are about 20 wires in this model and I did not discover the problem with a few of them until most of the wires were installed. I would have had to pull them all out again to work on the connectors. Did not feel like doing that due to cramped space with all wire connectors coming together. So, my solution was the Futaba to JR connectors. Getting lazy in my old age. But thanks for the Hitec connector information. Now i don't have to purchase one.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:29 PM
speedracerntrixie

Got it, makes perfect sense.