Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

SAFE Technology

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

SAFE Technology

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 05:07 PM
wpb33415

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAFE Technology

Has anyone seen this before? When moving from SAFE's beginner mode to Intermediate mode on a Mini Apprentice, the Elevator snaps down about a 1/8". On other planes (Timber, Carbon Cub) the Elevator Snaps UP 1/8".

I was at the field yesterday and I spoke with 4 other SAFE owners and we all have a similar issue when moving from Beginner to Intermediate mode with an interesting exception. When sitting on the ground and without any Throttle input, a Carbon Z Cub and the new Turbo Timber Snap their elevators UP 1/8" while the Apprentice and Mini Apprentice Snap their elevators DOWN 1/8". Maybe it's the Attitude differences between a Tail Dragger and Tricycle landing gear.

I am really hoping there is a way to modify the Mix. It is nerve racking enough for a new flyer without having to recover from a steep nose dive just by moving the switch from Beginner mode to Intermediate mode. Is there something that I can do to stop that from happening? I have a DX9 transmitter.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:36 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What happens during the flight when switching? Different planes, different results?
Old 03-20-2019, 11:15 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

He already got an answer from Andy on RCG