Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

safely ship TX

Old 10-06-2019, 09:49 AM
sportflyer-RCU
My Feedback: (35)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default safely ship TX

I dumped my original packing box and material a long time ago. What's the safest way to pack the TX for shipping to manufacturer without harming the switches and control sticks /pots ? Should I just simply wrap the TX with lots of bubble pack and fill the card box carton with more bubble pack and foam ? Since this is a 2.5 ghz TX, the antenna is my other concern. Best to remove the antenna ?
Old 10-07-2019, 03:20 AM
jester_s1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You'll want to package it so the case takes any stress from being jostled around. You can probably do that with bubble wrap by making rolls that are taped together to put on either side of the antenna and then wrapping the case so that the gimbals are free. After building up around those fragile parts, you can put a layer of bubble wrap around the whole thing. It'll be easier if you can unscrew the sticks.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:05 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Save yourself a lot of extra grief. Hit up a flying buddy for a tranny box who did have the foresight to save the Box for just this purpose . There are plenty of us who did It does not have to be the same make or model as its usually easy to adapt.

John
Old 10-17-2019, 11:53 AM
sportflyer-RCU
My Feedback: (35)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by JohnBuckner View Post
Save yourself a lot of extra grief. Hit up a flying buddy for a tranny box who did have the foresight to save the Box for just this purpose . There are plenty of us who did It does not have to be the same make or model as its usually easy to adapt.

John
I used block foam, soft foam with cutouts to clear the sticks and switches . Almost like a TX tray. Worked well.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:34 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That's Fine. I just hate packaging stuff for shipment to a fault I suppose. I still have and use a 1970 Orbit six that I kept the original box just in case (and it was shipped back and forth in the early days). But the poor old box finally rotted into confetti perhaps ten years ago and had to give it up. But heck there is no factory to send it back to anymore

John