Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

12V Power Supply hook-ups

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

12V Power Supply hook-ups

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 09:50 AM
max42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12V Power Supply hook-ups

I'm looking for connection ideas between my 12V Power Supply and my Super Nova charger. Currently I connected red/black wires to the PS terminals and the use the charger's gator clips to make the connections. This is asking for trouble, eventually. Any ideas? I'd like to be able to quickly detach the charge to take to the field.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:58 AM
SilverEagle2
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: 12V Power Supply hook-ups

If the terminals are bannana pins, then you can put bannana pins where the gator clips are and then make an adapter using a Radio Shack project box. Here is what I did.

Get a project box and mount some female bannana jacks on the outside. Then cut the gator clips off the charger and solder them to the backside of the project box mounted bannana jacks. Close up the box and shazam, you have a charge adapter. Then just add bannana plugs to the charger input leads and you can then plug right into your power supply.

Field Charge.

Battery to gator clips, gator clips to bannana Jacks (project box adapter), bannana plugs to charger.

Home charge.

Power supply to bannana jacks, bannan plugs to charger.

This is assuming that the terminals are bannana jacks on the power supply. Real clean.

Jason
Old 10-14-2003, 06:21 PM
max42

thanks, unfortunately the PS terminals are screws and the alligator clips are too big to use on them as they are too close together.

are there any other setup ideas out there?
Old 10-14-2003, 07:51 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the Deans Ultra plugs they use for electrics. Put a female end on the power supply. the male end on the charger. Make up another one with aligator clips for your batt.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:21 AM
Floater-RCU

I did what he said!
Works good!
Floater.
[8D]