Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

what to do/how to sell etc

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

what to do/how to sell etc

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 02:21 AM
RG5384

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do/how to sell etc

Hey everyone, Both my father and I were really big into r/c airplanes for a couple of years. We flew at Sparks R/c club in largo, fl, if anyone is familair with that club or area. Anyway, we both have became way too busy to continue as we were with the hobby, but i have been out of it for so long i really have no clue what to do with all of my stuff. We have decided that we are keeping one trainer(easy fly 40) with all the required gear to fly it, and selling the rest of the equipment. I know this should probably be in the for sale forum, but i didn't want to post there having no clue what to ask. I was a member of the very original www.rconline.com/rco a loooong time ago, don't know if anyone remembers that or not, or if anyone has stuck around long enough. Anyway, hear is a rough break down of what he have and i'd greatly appreciate any feedback you could give us
-Dazzler w/tower .46bb. Hasn't been run in over a year, was very fliable and very fun last time it flew. Been crashed many times(heck, its a fun fly after all) but still flies nicely and is a blast to fly.
-Futaba 6x super computer radio, one toggle switch broken but other than that great working order
-some sort of litestick, actually two, well kind of. Enough materials for one to fly with spare parts, hitec 3 channel am radio and servo's with it, no batteries worth talking about.
-some sort of .20 sized cub with a .25abc bb(i think...). Was crashed once, given to me and repaired, would come with some servos, dont' remember the brands
-tons of misc little stuff, way too much to list really, i guess i need to go out to the garage and inventory everything, i know there are chargers, more transmitters, tons of batteries(although i might be leary of them after sitting for a couple years), wheels, props, plane skeletons, servos, recievers etc.
-MDS .68, ran GREAT(one of the few i understood, but we NEVER had any problems), on crashed super stick .60, dad might be repairing it though, i'm not really sure. Damage isn't too bad to it, just needs the wing re-monokoted and some fuselage work.

Anyway, what do you guys think the best method to sell some of this stuff to someone who would enjoy it would be? should we package planes up in complete fly-able packages, or just sell everything seperate? It's been so long since i've been to the field or in the market for anything i don't know whats outdated or not. Definately not trying to rip anyone off, but i dont want to be taken advantage of either. If this thread needs to be moved please do so, thanks guys!!!
Ryan
Old 10-18-2003, 06:08 AM
tinman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: what to do/how to sell etc

i would suggest posting it as a package in the auction area...and see what happens. you will need a detailed list and maybe a couple pics would help too..g/l
Old 10-18-2003, 08:49 AM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what to do/how to sell etc

The primary problem that you will have is shipping the completed planes. This can be quite expensive. I would suggest that you find a club in your area and find out when they will be having a swap meet and sell the items at their swap meet. It will give you more flexibility and control over the sell and you will not have to be concerned with shipping.