Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Please help a Spinner Newbie

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Please help a Spinner Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 01:27 AM
JDHammer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help a Spinner Newbie

After 22years flying RC I finally made an airplane that uses a big prop spinner! It's an aluminum 4" Revolution spinner that I'd like to use on a Saito 300 with a 20-10 prop. Here's where I have to confess-I'm puzzled by it . How do you guys modify these to fit your particular engine? Specifically, the 4" long hex bolt that runs from the front point of the spinner to the engine prop shaft measures 5mm diameter. The prop shaft hole that accepts the spinner bolt only measures 2mm. Do you normally drill out and tap the engine shaft or do most spinner manufacturers have additional bolts available? If I do manage to find a 4" long, 2mm hex bolt, it would probably be too flimsy for this big metal spinner. Thanks for your help and sorry about the newbie question. JD
Old 05-08-2002, 03:31 AM
Ted Farmin

Call the people at Revolution and explain what you need and I think they probably will send you a allen head bolt that will go thru the spinner and thread into the prop nut or they may send
you a prop nut that has threads to fit the crankshaft on one end
and threads that will accept the spinner bolt on the other end.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:30 PM
JDHammer

Default OOPS

Thanks Ted. Your reply got me to thinking about the package of overlooked :spinnyeye engine accessories that was in the Saito box. Voila-there was the exact spinner nut I needed. I'm an idiot :stupid:

Too bad I can't delete this thread, then no one would find out!
Old 05-13-2002, 05:24 PM
vinnie

JD, trust me, your thread is helpful.