Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

what's the dirt on Easycoat

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

what's the dirt on Easycoat

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 12:45 PM
gut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's the dirt on Easycoat

just wondering... I have this ARF and the literature says that it's covered with Easycoat... what's the dirt on this ? pros/cons... how does it compare to Ultra or Monocote.. I know that it's distributed by Hanger 9 here in North America but I don't seem to find any info on it... A search of the R/C U forums didn't produce very much....

Gut
Old 11-20-2003, 04:54 PM
SST
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: what's the dirt on Easycoat

It's lighter and less opaque than MonoKote. It's a low temp covering with good flexibility when stretching around curves and such. I have it (the white, the red is transparent MonoKote, and the purple is LusterKote paint) on both planes in my avitar, and have no complaints
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58013.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	76229  
Old 11-21-2003, 04:22 AM
AlphaWhisky

From what I have seen of it down here it seems to be about the cheapest film on our market. I have used it on several occasions and am still flying models covered with the stuff that are over two years old. Part of the attraction is we can buy it by the metre from a roll rather than in 6ft or 2 metre sealed rolls.

I have it on a couple of small electric Speed 400 models and also on a .25 powered 60" span Mud Duck. That one has worn out one engine but the original Easycoat film is still holding on just fine and the model regularly gets a hard time. I like their translucent colours too.

It seems to me to be quite lightweight - lighter than Monocote. I wouldn`t use it on a serious .46 or larger aerobat though. For the larger ones Oracover (Ultracote?) is still my favorite.

I trust this helps.

Alan W
Old 11-21-2003, 12:49 PM
gut

thanx for your input guys... It would seem that even thought the stuff is inexpensive, it still presents good quality for cost.....

The ARF I have is produced in the Czech Republic by Hacker, this model being their Arrow 40. It is very well built but you don't see them here much in North America.. Sig does carry the Hacker line but their prices are not completive with stuff coming out of the Pacific Rim. I got my ARF from the Canadian Importer PSiT R/C Technologies.... From what I here, Easycote and Ultracote come from the same manufacture in Europe. Also there is a product called Superfilm that may be the same as Easycote.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83405.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	76447  
Old 11-25-2003, 03:26 PM
bdtsr
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: what's the dirt on <span class=

You're goning to like that Arrow 40! I just bought my buddies (he only flew it once!). It's powered with a Como .51 and flies great. Put in better control rods, I almost lost mine on a split S because it wouldn't pull out (came by 5ft off the deck). The stock rods allow too much flex. I'm going to use a carbon fiber "Arrow" shaft for the elevator. The rudder will wait for now.