Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Iraq flying?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 06:33 AM
Mike P
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iraq flying?

I need information as to flying sites, hobby stores in Iraq. If anyone has "been there, done that", I'd like your input. Thanks.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:17 AM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Iraq flying?

Ikes!!!

I bet, with the state of things there, that a hobby shop is the least of their worries (and so with yours!!)

I think you might want to take a trip up to Turkey... Or into one of the 'freindly' Arab countires..

As for flying sites, probably anywhere outside the limits of any city would do. Just clear it with the Army Boys first!!

Chances are, Any RC plane will be thought of as an act of aggression / potential terrorist action.. You and your plane will most definietly be impounded.

Wait till you come home, or transfer to the USAF!
Old 11-21-2003, 11:46 AM
Bill DCat

LOL... [sm=bananahead.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 11-21-2003, 01:47 PM
boogalloo

What?

Oh, Oh, Ohhhh...... waite a minute, your from North Dakota...

Well haus, if you wanta jump off the back of that sheep and listen up for a minute......... IRAQ has been in the middle of a WAR...Um, you know, the type of thing that allows you to hang out with the sheep freely...

I have a suggestion for you.....Maybe try scratching a BOBCATS backside with a wire brush in a telephone booth....If you make it out ok, then hell, I think maybe you should investigate opening the first hobby shop in the battle zone.....Good luck...

signed,

Bobcat..

PS: You have a TV/Radio in ND??
Old 11-21-2003, 04:52 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

"nitro, yep, i can sell you that, you want more %, ok... anything else? bomb drop, yep, got those, want any flour? no.. ok.. next? telemetry system with video feedback, ermm yep we can get those in.
anything else mr.. er.. mr?"

"Mr Sadein Hussdam"
Old 11-21-2003, 05:02 PM
dr_wogz

Now now now, noo need to jump at him.

I remember seeing a few exciting shots from the 1st round of this 'Gulf war'... Some soldiers stationed in and around 'this' country brought along their R/C planes. I'm assuming he's a US delagate, who is bored (probably stationed in some littel town) and want's some 'safe' action!!

I guess 'off road racing' in a Humvee is the norm?!

What about some hi powered rockets?! har har....
Old 11-21-2003, 05:14 PM
bolar
My Feedback: (5)

Mike, I don't know about Iraq but there are a few in Kuwait City. I just got back and a few guys I was with bought some R/C cars while we were there. I had planned on ordering an electric park flier while I was there but the weather didn't cooperate for such a thing.

If you want to avoid the nonsense above and have any other questions drop me a line.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:00 PM
GA_fanatic

What?

Oh, Oh, Ohhhh...... waite a minute, your from North Dakota...

Well haus, if you wanta jump off the back of that sheep and listen up for a minute......... IRAQ has been in the middle of a WAR...Um, you know, the type of thing that allows you to hang out with the sheep freely...

I have a suggestion for you.....Maybe try scratching a BOBCATS backside with a wire brush in a telephone booth....If you make it out ok, then hell, I think maybe you should investigate opening the first hobby shop in the battle zone.....Good luck...

signed,

Bobcat..

PS: You have a TV/Radio in ND??
Why do you feel the need to answer a question in this way? Maybe you could have asked him why he wanted to know before you went and spouted of and made yourself sound like a total *****. If I had to guess, I would say he probably has a legitimate reason for asking. If not, then shame on me. I guess you as a new member with your 24 posts gives you the right to belittle others you find to be inferior to yourself. I suppose now I can assume that since you are from Baltimore that you must be an unemployed crack addict. Maybe you should put down the pipe and think before you type!

Craig
Old 11-21-2003, 10:35 PM
All Thumbs

I don't think the boys above, including Bobcat, realized that Mike isn't IN North Dakota right now...and may well be getting bored on a long stay. Sorry I can't help out in any way, but good luck. It sounds like Bolar will be a good hookup.

(And yes, think when you read these posts...you boys probably didn't mean to insult someone helping us out overseas, but see what happened?)
Old 11-22-2003, 08:57 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

boogaloo,
If you can't play nice, go find a site where your kind of post is the norm. RCU is a friendly place, and you won't make friends nor impress anyone with nasty remarks.

I'm sure you wer trying to be humorous, and probably assumed Mike was trolling, but be a bit more careful.

By the way, welcome to RCU; both you and Mikee.
Dennis-
Old 11-22-2003, 05:24 PM
GA_fanatic

I believe this answers the "why does he want to know" question...
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_12...tm.htm#1254020
Old 11-22-2003, 06:05 PM
cappio777
My Feedback: (2)

Mike, whatever you do never put iraqui markings on your bird and fly near our boys. Unless you want to help them train on AAA. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 11-22-2003, 06:08 PM
3DFanatic

Hrm.. I can see it now.... You're happily flying your model around.. When all of the sudden, out of the blue comes an F-16 that lobs a Sidewinder at it. BOOM [X(]
Old 11-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

whatever you do never put iraqui markings on your bird and fly near our boys.
is there even a Iraqui airforce, what are the markings lol

just be sure not to paint it bright orange, put any British markings on it, or TV/PRESS in big bold letters, then it will be shot at

a recent program showed the orange markings used were useless anyway because the pilots viewscreen was black and white. DOH!
Old 11-22-2003, 08:10 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Of course, here is a Sea Fury done in Iraqui markings. It's a "Bagdad Fury". They bought a few during the '50's.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37691.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	76723  
Old 11-23-2003, 12:26 AM
3DFanatic

nice
Old 11-23-2003, 10:33 AM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HEY , MABEY flying rc is what those people need to be doing.

THERE was an IRAQI SEA FURY for real

Dont know what happend to it

it may have been destroyed.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:56 PM
3DFanatic

Yeah, if we can get every Iraqi to fly R/C, the price of stuff will go down!
Old 11-25-2003, 08:10 AM
boogalloo

DBCherry and GA_fanatic

Please....So sensative, stop the complaining....your making something out of nothing.....

I answered what I thought was a distasteful question with a distasteful answer. Had the post made known this lad was actually over there, I would have given him a straight answer. I'm military and have flown rc in the Mideast during both my tours....for myself and others that have served time, it didnt appear as a question coming from a stationed soldier. Many soldies have cars and rc planes... BUT, you certainly dont purchase these things in IRAQ right now..........

http://www.howatq8.com/ - this is the place we bought all our stuff. Also, tower hobbies will ship to any APO...

PS: GA_FANATIC.....Crack/baltimore/unemployed...Impressive observation from such a sensative woman..

Stop crying around jackass!
Old 12-30-2003, 11:53 AM
runover1
My Feedback: (10)

I suppose now I can assume that since you are from Baltimore that you must be an unemployed crack addict.
Craig
That was great! ROFL There are serious RCers in Iraq, but the dictator made it illegal years ago and now finally these guys get a chance to do it again. Here is an article on this: [link]http://www.rcmmagazine.com/e/env/0001elVhu7GDl2M4c43O8A4/index.html?link=/shows/2003/rc-iraq/rc-iraq.html[/link]
Of course there are always militants that will try stuff, but thank God these people have some of there freedoms back. I look forward to seeing R/C develop in Iraq.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:03 AM
KidVermin

The Army and Air Force will furnish trained RC pilots with their very own Predator. Comes with a big honkin gas engine and the optional 6 Stinger missiles. I have a hard time concentrating for 8 minutes, let alone a two hour mission. Can't believe you can get paid that much to fly RC.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:35 PM
RCM IRAQ

Mike p,
I believe you are not in the region now a day
When aver again feel free to contact me
I’m sure we can fly together by my model

baghdad
Old 12-21-2005, 07:07 AM
riond

Too All Above, Mike was serious and did fly electric's in Kuwait. I was his battle buddy. He taught me how to fly and we both bought electric's prior to shipping off to Iraq. I flew a few days while in Iraq but living in a place that gets mortar and rockets everyday, sent my plane home.

We are both back in the states now and I now have a gaser. I am also building a SPAD and hope to put that in the air next week. Mike is my friend and flying buddy. We both will be retiring soon with over 60 years military service between us.

Boogalloo, your language gives your age; infant. As was said above, clean up your act or go somewhere else.

MSG
Old 12-21-2005, 09:47 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

boogalou, you said,
I answered what I thought was a distasteful question with a distasteful answer
What you actually did was read badly a request for help from someone you knew nothing about and whose motives you certainly had no idea idea about, and you then wasted all of our time with a somewhat ugly answer.

There is a fairly decent bunch of people in this community and you really don't seem to be a good fit. Most of the community really isn't inclined to heap "distasteful" on "distasteful" as their first reaction and most read a lot better than you as well.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:13 PM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We painted these Orange, and used them as "Skeet for the Fleet" in my target outfit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51780.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	373813  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.