Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Looking for a good 3-D prop

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Looking for a good 3-D prop

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 02:20 AM
bmgbeetle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good 3-D prop

It's an OS 91 Four Stroke. It's currently mounted on a U-Can-Do, and presently swinging a 16x4 by APC. I run 15 syn fuel, cause it gets so hot down here in FL. Unfortunately it'll only turn it to about 8500. So I wanna try a 15x4, and I wanna go to a wood prop for weight conservation and spool up.

My question is, who makes a good prop, where do I find one and do I seem to be on the right track? I'm shooting for another 1500 max rpm and faster spool up.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:04 AM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Looking for a good 3-D prop

On my Saito 91:
I have used a 15x4 APC and I also cut one down to 14-1/2x4, I seem to like the cut one best. I haven't tried a 4 pitch wooden prop but I think it would spool up quicker.
I can't remember RPM's but it's really good.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:43 AM
TerrellFlyer

That is a high rpm for a 4 stroke,I try to keep mine at the mid to high 7's also I'm using a wide APC on my edge
Old 12-27-2003, 05:39 PM
bmgbeetle

Well, when it was on my pattern plane(Swallow), I was using a 14x7, and it turned to 9500. I don't wanna get quite to 10,000, just real close. That seemed to be it's sweet spot. The RPM range is listed at 2,000-12,000. But I don't wanna go quite that far. Mainly it's the spool up. It'll go vertical just fine as it is, but I want better pull out.

Today I was flying, and the engine kept leaning out in hover. This is a sudden issue, no changes were made when it started doing it. It hovers pretty well, but when you go to power out of it, it almost stalls. Now I'm looking into a pump. I was asking around, and I was told that perry makes a pump, powered by the vibration/oscilation of the motor. Heh, I'd never heard of that. I was told it worked, "Alright", but I figure I can either equip this motor with an OS mechanical pump, or, a small electric. Any suggestions?
Old 12-28-2003, 01:50 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ironbaymodelcompany.com/W...Regulator.html

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_13...tm.htm#1367788