Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Night Flying

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 10:14 PM
nimffish
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Night Flying

I want to put LED's in an Old Timer to fly at night (wing and fuse). Any suggestions on using LED's inside a plane?

Thanks in Advance,
Nimffish
Old 01-02-2004, 10:22 PM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Night Flying

I've used the Ram 3 strand light system on my giant Quaker. Since the plane was already built, I taped one strand to a length of golden rod and placed it back into the fuse and the wing strands, I used clear tape to affix each to the wing underside. Now I have a big flying "T" with contrast of the yellow fuse and the red wings. It's quite a rush to fly at night.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:08 AM
Boss248

Default RE: Night Flying

We used the chem sticks that you crack to activate and either clear taped them or zip tied them to the plane. The chem sticks last a good 4 hrs. and can be seen as far as I would ever want to fly the plane, we used the on heli's also and the worked great. I always say I am going to build a Night Rider plane and install the rope lighting and cover it with trans. Monokote but ...well you know
The nice thing about the chem sticks is they come in many colors.