Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

"Speed wings" for Sig Somethin' Extra

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

"Speed wings" for Sig Somethin' Extra

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 03:35 AM
FunXtra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Speed wings" for Sig Somethin' Extra

I've had my SE for a couple months now and i cant seem to have enuff of it!!!!
Lately ive been looking at the wing attachement system and it came to me that i cut throw in a set of swept back wings and better yet, i could throw retracts in it to make a true bolido.
As always im the laziest kid on the block in what comes to designing mods, so anybody knows or has or makes or w/e some sort of speed wing for this trully AWE-some plane?
it'd be cool if somebody has any feedback [>:]
Old 01-08-2004, 12:37 PM
phread59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Speed wings" for Sig Somethin' Extra

There were some threads a little while back on makeing different wings. Just type in a search for something extra wings. Although I do not think that speed wings were discussed. I have the kit to build and looking at the stucture and size of the elevator and rudder. I don't think a speed version is advisable. Retracts do sound kinky but you would need to reinforce the wing for them. And I feel the sockets and so on would need reinforced. It would probably end up overly heavy and not fly the way you really want. Buy hey go for it, knock your socks off. Let us know hoe you made out. We would love to see such mods.

Mark Shuman