Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Need control surface travel amounts and CG location for a GP Super Sportster 40...

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Need control surface travel amounts and CG location for a GP Super Sportster 40...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 07:12 PM
f2racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need control surface travel amounts and CG location for a GP Super Sportster 40...

I just got one of these (the original kit not MKII or ARF) which is in need of some repair and should take to the air again. I'm going to need the control surface travel amounts and the location of the CG. Also I'm planning on putting 2 aileron servos and moving the wheels onto the fuselage. Any other mods people have made with this model?

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2002, 07:29 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Need control surface travel amounts and CG location for a GP Super Sportster 40...

I think the GP web site has all of that info available. But if not, do the rule of thumb thing. Balance it so it's a little nose heavy to start out with. Then, on a straight and level flight, bank the wings 90 degrees and chop the throttle. If it noses down, it's nose heavy. Remove some nose weight and repeat until it sinks evenly (or it flies the way you like it, whichever comes first) As far as throws are concerned, come on! Just set them so they are not ridiculous and test fly it. If the plane is too touchy, decrease them. If you want more control INcrease them. I've been building planes for over 40 years. When I was a youngster, they never told you how far to set the controls. Why do we need them to tell us this now?