Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

storage for rc aircraft

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

storage for rc aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 11:44 AM
armyrcer-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default storage for rc aircraft

alright here's the problem getting more planes than storage. I do not have a extra bedroom and the wife well too many planes in the bedroom. I was wanting to get a storage shed 10x10 or so and place in the backyard. since im in the military that would be about the extent of getting more storage space. i live on base, but i was wondering would it do more damage to the planes leaving them in the shed and exposed to differnt temp's. I could keep the tx and everything in the house but the rx and servos would be out there along with the rx batt is anyone doing this and what would be the extent of damage to rx and servos if any. thanks mike
Old 01-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: storage for rc aircraft

Don't think that you'd have a problem with that. I store mine in the garage with no problems. But you may want to pull the battery packs. If not you'll want to cycle them to check capacity before you start flying again.
The covering will give you the most problems with the temp changes. The plastic films tend to relax over time. The heat gun will usually fix that.
The only other thing to watch for are the critters! Mice, insects and the like that may find the models a suitable place to make a home. [&:]