Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Pilot Figures

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 12:47 PM
forfun42us

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pilot Figures

I am looking for a 1/5 or 1/6 size pilot figure for my current project. The catch is my son wants one with a baseball type cap.

Any ideas?
Old 01-14-2004, 01:04 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Pilot Figures

Isn't there a cap on a Ken doll?! In his 'beach wear' ensemble?!

that might work. and / or look through the toy store (doll clothing) and find one that'll fit a traditional bust.

Or with a bit of sulpting compund (filler putty) modify the bust to have one. Use the top of a margarine container, cut to size (and possible a slot in the forehead) for the bill. paint as required..
Old 01-14-2004, 01:19 PM
tiggerinmk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pop into the local Wally World. There's a huge range of the Ken and Barbie type dolls now. I'm sure you'll be able to find one in a baseball cap.

I've seen a painted pilot with a cap somewhere, but the 1/6 scale dolls are cheaper and a better option IMO for just a general pilot.

I've been thinking of putting Shaggy and Scooby in a plane, but he last time I went to the store they only had Fred and Velma
Old 01-14-2004, 01:41 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

forfun42us,
Unless you really don't care about weight, DON't use toy (Ken-type dolls) because they are heavy! I bot KEN once and the slob weighed in at 8 ounces!

Purchase DGA pilot busts which are very light and do come with baseball caps. Once place for these products is: http://www.btown.com/sheldons/

Their website shows a 1/5 pilot:
DGA105 1/5 SCALE BUST KIT...................... 7.96
Old 01-14-2004, 04:27 PM
DustOffUH1
My Feedback: (2)

and the slob weighed in at 8 ounces!
LMAO. That just cracked me up for some reason Anyway here's another pilot site [link=http://www.hppilots.com/index.html]HP Pilots[/link] and DGA's home page [link=http://www.dgadesigns.com/pages/779904/]DGA[/link]
Joe
Old 01-16-2004, 09:00 AM
forfun42us

Thanks Guys, I took a look at DGA site and I think they will get my pilot business in the future. I like the "options".

I do appreciate your help!