Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Prop for O.S. 91 Fx

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Prop for O.S. 91 Fx

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 03:35 PM
cabpond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop for O.S. 91 Fx

I have been using a 15 X 8 Zinger wood prop on my OS91 FX with good success, except on landings. If it noses over, it breaks or nicks the prop. Would a Dynathrust 15 X 8 prop be too much for this engine ? or would a smaller pitch or diameter be advisable. The reason I am going with a Dynathrust is that it is more durable, being a nylon-fiberglass prop and would not break as easily on a nose-over landing like a wood prop would. I am using their 18 X 10 prop on my OS BGX 3500 with good success, does not break or splinter on any nose-over landing.

Thanks in advance-Cary
Old 06-05-2002, 03:53 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

Please do not buy a dyna thrust for a 91fx. I bought one and the first time I throttled up it snapped at the root and tore the firewall out of my cap. I would suggest a MA 15x6 or better yet a bolly clubman 14.5 x 6 or 8
I used a MA 14 x8 scimitar for a while on mine and liked it. If you ever get over to evansville IN send me a note and Ill give you a used MA NY/fiber scimitar to try (14 x 8)
Old 06-05-2002, 04:03 PM
cabpond

Default Dynathrust Propeller

Smallfry.

I fly at Vincennes In. at O'Neal airport when I am over to visit the In-Laws . I have been over by your airfield when I go to Evansville, but cannot find out how to get to the airfield from the Interstate highway. How do you get to the flying field from the interstate highway ? can you give me driving directions please. Your field looks like a nice place to fly. I have tried the access highways, but to no success. Thanks for your advice on the Dynathrust propellers. I'll stay away from them on the .91

Regards, Cary
Old 06-05-2002, 04:14 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put an APC 13X8 on my 91FX. RPMs are up to 11,000 and was able to turn the mixture in a full turn with no increase in head temp. So far my engine seems to like this prop a lot and the extra ground clearance is a nice bonus. Since the manual for the 91FX was printed OS has started recommending smaller 13" props...

Cheers!

Galen
Old 06-05-2002, 04:45 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Graupner props are hard to find, but I won't use anything else on my 4 strokes. They just seem to pull like crazy. As for my 91 Surpass, I use a Graupner 14x8

I just did a search for the helluvit, and found out that Hobby Lobby now carries Graupner. The link is:

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/grprop.htm
Old 06-05-2002, 04:47 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Ooops!

I just realized you were talking about 91 2-strokes...

In the words of Emily Littella...

Nevermind
Old 06-05-2002, 04:49 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

sent you an e mail with directions also
http://www.rc-tech.net/~evv/evvstash/map/map.jpg