Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Painting over Monocote?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Painting over Monocote?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 02:15 AM
boss_blueangels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting over Monocote?

I would like to add some flames to my Ultimate Biplane 40 Kit and was wondering if the Monocote paints are any good? I need to paint over the monocote on the wings and stuff and am curious about what would give the best quality and be durable. I could post a picture of my tentative paint scheme if that would help.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:36 AM
Engineman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Painting over Monocote?

Hi,

For some time now I have been painting over film covering. I usually attempt to cover in one piece with the join underneath, shrunk on using a paint stripper gun. I then paint all my detail on using Japlac, a medium drying enamel, which gives a superb finish if flowed on using a good brush.

Japlac appears to be fuel resistant and cleans up like new. Super paint for that fibreglass or ABS cowl / spats. Available from DIY Stores in UK.

I have just finished renovating my Mystique by re-covering the front fuselage then Japlac over to the original colour. Looks like new!