Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Problem with reciever battery

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Problem with reciever battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Hades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with reciever battery

Hi,
Im getting my planes ready for a new flying season and i have charged all batterys and stuff but i have one problem,
On one of the planes when i check how much power i got in the receiver battery it shows 30 on the red field on my hitec power mate but when i disconect the battery from the airplane and check the battery again it shows around 80 and i got plenty of power in it,

I tried to switch battery on the plane but when i check the new battery connected to the receiver it shows at 30 on the red same as the other but if i disconnect it from reciever and check it i got plenty of power, i only seem to have this problem with this plane.

anyone have a suggestion how i solve this problem?
Old 03-30-2004, 10:46 AM
patternwannabee
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Problem with reciever battery

Sounds like your switch harness is the problem.

See if you can check the resistance (with an ohmmeter) of the connections in the switch harness.

If this is the problem, replace it. Don't bother to repair it. It's a critical component in your system.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:04 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: patternwannabee

Sounds like your switch harness is the problem.

See if you can check the resistance (with an ohmmeter) of the connections in the switch harness.

If this is the problem, replace it. Don't bother to repair it. It's a critical component in your system.
And the cheapest part in the system. I would also cycle the battery if you can and see where it cycles at. Its good to do that at least once or twice a season.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:39 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Its also possible to have a servo going bad produce the low reading on the meter.

Since you get the low reading with 2 tested good batteries... I would be looking for the problem n the radio system, not the batteries. If the switch harness checks out, then try unplugging one servo at a time. If that doesn't locate it... test with a different RX. Its possible for dirt and oil to get into a RX and cause problems. (especially in some RC combat planes and the "PBF" where the RX is not enclosed)
Old 03-30-2004, 07:55 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

You seem to have a high load due to something. I would recommend that you disconnect all of your servos and connect them one at a time and see if one of them is loading it down.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:22 AM
Hades

Hi,

Thanks for all the advices, after all switching and testing and it seems like the problem is solved i dont know why but it suddenly seems to work again, that plane has been coolecting dust for ahile same with the battery and reciever, i connected the battery and disconnected a few times and that seemed to solve the problem.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:20 PM
patternwannabee
My Feedback: (1)

Hades,

To me, it sounds like the battery connector on your switch harness was the culprit.

It may be a good idea to replace it anyway.

If you insist on using the old switch harness, here's something you can do to to verify that it's at least good for some flights...

Connect the battery, Switch to off, connect voltmeter. You should get a good reading. Now, move around the battery connection to the swtich harness. If it's good, the voltage reading on your voltmeter won't change. If it changes, then perhaps some of the wires in the switch harness connector are broken. If so, CHANGE IT. This will be an accident waiting to happen.