Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Servo control horn question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Servo control horn question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 09:45 PM
impulse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo control horn question

Ok guys im almost done bulidng my Super Sportster (finnally!!) and i got in a pickle. Now my Futaba 6EXA came with fround and start control horns. Now the control horns in the plane manual shows to use the 4 control (4 horn) whatever you want to call them that look like an X. Now can i use the stars which are 6 and shorter which means less leverage. Or buy the 4 horn?

Edit: im talkiing about the things that attach to the top of the servo.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:04 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servo control horn question

You can use the 6 arm servo horns (or arms)

If you need more throw than the outermost hole on the arm gives... move in a hole at the control surface. The leverage is a ratio of arm length and control horn length at the control surface.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:06 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Servo control horn question

The multi-arm horns will work fine. If any of the arms get in the way of the control rods after it's all installed, just cut off the offending arm(s). The length difference is not that great between the 4 way and 6 way servo horn. Don't run out and buy anymore until you know you need it. I don't thin you will.