Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Fixing my super sportster

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fixing my super sportster

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 12:04 AM
impulse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixing my super sportster

Hey guysi have two questions on repairing my super sportster. Now her maiden flight was yesterday and was the first time for me to fly a non trainer plane. And of course my first landing was a dead stick.[>:] Now im coming in hot, finnaly get the plane stand but was still running fast. So i turned hard left on the rudder swung the plane around into a dirt area with some large rocks. I was very lucky, but nocited the support for the wheel shoes broke off. So i need to re epoxy those. ( has this happened to anyone?)

So today me and my friend were in the hobby room. And i ask him to give me the TOWEL covering the glue gun, so of course he hands my the towel and glue gun so i grab the towel making the glue gun fall and put a hole in my wings covering [:@] I have a pic, i was just wondering can i just put peice of that self ahesive monokote over it? Thanks

Old 04-12-2004, 12:15 AM
aps f4u

Default RE: Fixing my super sportster

are you talking about the plywood peices on the inside of the wheel pant? make sure you sand the inside surface of the wheel pant where the ply is to be glued, this will make the epoxy bond to the wheel pant better, as I have had this happen to my super sportster. as for your hole, I used some thin 3m white tape I had, and worked fine, but the adhesive monokote will work just as good I imagine, but never have used it.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:36 AM
impulse

Thats the only bad thing i heard about the SS is the wheel pants. I fly on a paved run way but when u run off of it things happen.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:47 AM
J_R

MonoKote trim is not fuel proof. If you use it, it is necessary to seal the edges. A better alternative might be to use regular MonoKote and apply it with Monokote trim solvent. At least that way, you get a fuel proof patch that exactly matches the color.