Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Monrovia California

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Monrovia California

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 08:30 AM
John Sachs
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monrovia California

Hello all:
Next week, I'll be in Monrovia California on business and was wondering if there are any good flying fields around that area?
John
Old 04-19-2004, 09:17 AM
J_R

Default RE: Monrovia California

Whitter Narrows is pretty close to Monrovia (maybe 10 miles). Look up BasinBum in the Clubhouse forum. He's a nice guy and can give you details.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:41 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Did someone mention my name?

John,
You must be the same person who e-mailed me about local fields and I sent you an e-mail with directions to Sepulvada. Whittier may indeed be closer but if I had to choose I'd definatley go to Sepulvada. It's sort of like Disneyland compared to Knott's Berry Farm.

If you are interested in Whittier try [link=http://www.sgvrcl.org/]San Gabriel RC League[/link]
Old 04-20-2004, 09:56 AM
John Sachs
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

Did someone mention my name?

John,
You must be the same person who e-mailed me about local fields and I sent you an e-mail with directions to Sepulvada. Whittier may indeed be closer but if I had to choose I'd definatley go to Sepulvada. It's sort of like Disneyland compared to Knott's Berry Farm.

If you are interested in Whittier try [link=http://www.sgvrcl.org/]San Gabriel RC League[/link]

Yep. that was me. How far away is this from Huntington Ave? Or do you have an address for the Sepulvada field? That way I can map it from my hotel.
thanks again
John
Old 04-20-2004, 10:23 AM
J_R

The basin is, essentially, at the intersection of the 101 and 405 in Encino, CA. About 20-25 miles.

Whitter Narrows is, essentially, just west of the intersection of the 60 and 605 in El Monte, CA. About 10 miles.

Disneyland? LOL. More like the biggest RC zoo in existence. Where else can you see 15 planes in the air at once? You really should not miss the basin, if at all possible. Don't attempt the drive at rush hour, though.