Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Ideas About Sr. Telemaster Crash?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Ideas About Sr. Telemaster Crash?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 10:17 AM
searcher48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas About Sr. Telemaster Crash?

I had (Notice I said had) a good flying Sr. Telemaster. I had just swiched out an Webra 60 for an OS 70, the week before and this was the first flight. I took off and it got about 15-20 feet up under full throtle and it rolled hard to the right 90%+. I put full left aileron the full left rudder it corrected about 30% then started rolling again. It continued the roll started losing altitude and I watched as it hit the right wing tip at about 35 mph and the wing and fuse both came appart as it rolled in. The radio and engine were OK. I could find no radio or linkage problems.

Any ideas?

I know I screwed something up but how?
Old 04-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Live Wire

Default RE: Ideas About Sr. Telemaster Crash?

Sound like you stripped the gears in a servo. check the gears in the aileron servo could have one tooth missing and got off center.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:47 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Hi searcher48 :
Also try the battery, you might have lost a cell. This is what it might be and thats how it would act.

My .02. cents

Dave R
Old 04-25-2004, 09:10 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, either of the above are possibilities, along with about 50 others.

However, I'd start looking at the things that are (were) new to the plane though. What linkage did you use for throttle, is it new with this engine? (Possible RF noise issue with a steel cable, music wire pushrod with metal clevises.) Are you sure the engine mounting bolts were tight?
Dennis-